• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heller Brief is on line

Ric in Richmond

imported post

We can only hope that we actually get a clear resolution to individual ownership of firearms.

I fear for the legislation that will be offered up if the dems get in office in November without that protection in place.

sjhipple

imported post

Ric in Richmond wrote:
We can only hope that we actually get a clear resolution to individual ownership of firearms.

I fear for the legislation that will be offered up if the dems get in office in November without that protection in place.

Or Mitt Romney

The brief filed is amazingly good. Let's hope it's enough to overcome the DOJ brief.

Ric in Richmond

imported post

It really is an amazing read from so many different angles. Don't be put off by its length guys...it is worth the read.

They lay out framers mindset, intent, how the words were commonly used during the era. It has the weight of a historical dicument that simply can't be ignored.

I saw Levy at Univ if Richmond last year and came away with a huge amount of respect. This just elevates it.

This may just be our last shot at a "supreme" clarification on the 2nd for decades depending on retirements and appointments on the bench. I think we are in good hands!!!