• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDW class

OneShot

imported post

I started my CCDW class yesterday. Very interesting content even though I didn't agree with everything. We just touched on one of the laws and there were questions and scenarios regarding being held up for your wallet. Interesting and somewhat shockingly, I heard I should give up my wallet. I have some issue with this. Especially with
464. Same - Use of force in self-protection
More specifically, (2).

I think it's bogus. There is no way I can know if I can avoid using deadly force with complete safety bysurrendering possession of a thing (my wallet).

This is justdoesn't make sense. Maybe I'm mis-interpreting. Thoughts?

By the way, how do you do the Ss thing in front of the code 464?

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

I google for it and copy/paste it. :)

[size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§[/size][size="-1"]§

But you're not misreading it. You must believe that you'll be completely safe in retreating or handing over your property. So, if you fear for your life, use appropriate measures to repel the attacker.

Also, note that the sections are split for non-deadly and deadly force in that statute.
[/size]

DSF Training

imported post

Wynder wrote:
[size=-1]You must believe that you'll be completely safe in retreating or handing over your property. So, if you fear for your life, use appropriate measures to repel the attacker.

[/size]

You are correct on this, but one must know that there are a lot more appropriate measuresthen just pull your weapon. And thats where §464 comes into play

"One Shot" Where in Dover are you taking your class? Shooter's Choice?

Thanks for §§§§§§:celebrate I was trying to get that the other day:banghead:and couldn't

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

DSF Training wrote:
You are correct on this, but one must know that there are a lot more appropriate measuresthen just pull your weapon. And thats where §464 comes into play

That's why I had that last sentence in there. :)

Also, note that the sections are split for non-deadly and deadly force in that statute.
[size="-1"][/size]

dave_in_delaware

imported post

For the § thing, as you're typing (say, in Arial or Vandana), hold downthe Alt key and type 0167 using the keypad (w/ num lock on). It's special character codes at its best.

:dude:

As for needing to hand over your property or possession, it'sstupid to believe that you won't be harmed AFTER you comply.The law just helps the bad guys get what they want without resistance.

ijusam

imported post

dave_in_delaware wrote:
For the § thing, as you're typing (say, in Arial or Vandana), hold downthe Alt key and type 0167 using the keypad (w/ num lock on). It's special character codes at its best.

:dude:

It is a complicated movement. to get it to work on my lap top with the num lock on, I had to hold the Fn and Alt key down while I typed it (keypad numbers). Also works in word.

an Alternativemethod for Word: type xa7 then press (alt+x) = §

ps. don't type a space after the xa7

Thanks Dave

dave_in_delaware

imported post

ijusam wrote:
It is a complicated movement. to get it to work on my lap top with the num lock on, I had to hold the Fn and Alt key down while I typed it (keypad numbers). Also works in word.

an Alternativemethod for Word: type xa7 then press (alt+x) = §

ps. don't type a space after the xa7

Thanks Dave
No problem... but wow. That does sound difficult on a laptop.

I won't get into other codes, like ¢ or © or ± ... It might land you in the hospital! :shock: