• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody know where I can find a threaded barrel?

expvideo

imported post

I am trying to find a way to get a threaded barrel for a Bersa Thunder 380. Before we get into why I would want to spend big bucks silencing a $250 gun, I am thinking about getting a suppressor for a much nicer gun, and if I can use it on the Bersa too, it sweetens the deal.

So I am looking for either a threaded barrel or a longer barrel that I can have threaded. Does anyone know if it's possible to thread the inside of the barrel, like in the James Bond movies? Any advice would help, it seems like this is an impossible item to find.

41 Magnum

imported post

Any gunsmith with skill could do it for you. Set it up like a non-california model walther 22.

External threads with a cap the length of the threaded section matching the original barrels O.D.that stays threaded on when the suppresor isn't.

unevrno

Campaign Veteran
imported post

expvideo wrote:
I am trying to find a way to get a threaded barrel for a Bersa Thunder 380. Before we get into why I would want to spend big bucks silencing a $250 gun, I am thinking about getting a suppressor for a much nicer gun, and if I can use it on the Bersa too, it sweetens the deal.

So I am looking for either a threaded barrel or a longer barrel that I can have threaded. Does anyone know if it's possible to thread the inside of the barrel, like in the James Bond movies? Any advice would help, it seems like this is an impossible item to find.

I just joined, so apologies for the late posting.

I did not see it mentioned, so I will.....do you realize that a silencer is a restricted class item? It requires a special permit from BATFE, which itself will cost more money and paperwork. I'm not sure of the class, III or perhaps IV? In any case, if you haven't already, you'll want to do some research on this before you run afoul of the law......and we're talking Federal here, this isn't a matter of state law.

Just trying to keep it all clean, my friend. Good Luck to you.

:lol:

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I'm looking to suppress a few of my handguns as well, so I've been doing the same research you have. I remember being told that reverse threading (threading inside the barrel) is possible but there was some reason that it wasn't a good idea. I can't remember what that was, though :(.

Jarvis does make good after-market barrels, and sells them threaded. They seem to be rather picky about what models they will make, though. I called to ask about a barrel for a specific handgun and they said no, unless I was willing to pay ~$900 :?.