Thread: Unicorn spotted Tues. in Warrenton

Post imported post

Outside the Sears, about 4PM.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

wtf?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I'm guessing you don't know what a 'unicorn' is. My definition is a non VCDL, non OCDO aware open carrier. But generally it's just used when you spot someone open carrying. I think this is a possible unicorn sighting, because we don't know for sure if this was a LEO or OCDOer.

Post imported post

Ah, still getting used to the OCDO terminology. Thanks!

Post imported post

Surprised more aren't spotted in the area since Clark Bros(outdoor range)is located near by.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    I'm guessing you don't know what a 'unicorn' is. My definition is a non VCDL, non OCDO aware open carrier. But generally it's just used when you spot someone open carrying. I think this is a possible unicorn sighting, because we don't know for sure if this was a LEO or OCDOer.
    If you see an open carrier how do you know if they are non VCDL or non OCDO aware, in order to classify that person as a unicorn.

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

Forty-five wrote:
    If you see an open carrier how do you know if they are non VCDL or non OCDO aware, in order to classify that person as a unicorn.
    Generally, unicorn status is determined by approaching and striking up a conversation. I spotted a possible unicorn in the Woodbridge Best Buy and confirmed it by talking to him. He'd never heard of VCDL or Opencarry.Org

Post imported post

Actually, I don't think it matters if the person is associated with VCDL or OCDO or anything, as long as there is no insignia or bumperstickers. Just the fact that you don't know him and he's in a place where you never expected it makes it a unicorn.

Conversation is not necessary.

But this is all informal, of course.

Post imported post

Got it. Thanks.