• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I think we are getting a reputation in Virginia

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,328727,00.html

NINA EASTON, WASHINGTON BUREAU CHIEF, FORTUNE MAGAZINE: Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, Terry McAuliffe, earlier this year was going around saying it will all be over February 5. Guess what? It's not going to be over.
And I think what has got to have the Clinton people worried is, as Fred mentioned, Obama's support is not a bunch of exuberant young people and African-American voters. He's biting into the white male vote and the Latino vote apparently. So I think that's a big news story coming out.
The other thing is looking forward. I think what has the Clinton people worried is what comes after Super Tuesday in what they say is "latte liberal land." You have Virginia and D.C. and Maryland and Wisconsin and Washington. And there's some sense that they can't show strength again until early March.
And another thing is fundraising. Barack Obama raised something like $30 million just last month, and he's going to have the strength to go forward.
So I think all of these factors probably have the Clinton people pretty worked up now.

HUME: We were thinking coming into tonight that even though Obama, because of the way the Democrats allocate the delegates, would get a significant share, even if she won a lot of places and he didn't, that the effect of that would be to make her, even if she didn't have much of a delegate lead, the unquestionable frontrunner.
If that doesn't happen now, I think we're looking at different picture. Don't you, Bill?

BILL KRISTOL, EDITOR, THE WEEKLY STANDARD: Yes, absolutely. She may think that Maryland and Virginia are "liberal latte land," but we gun-toting Virginians object strongly to that presentation.
:celebrate