Thread: Wake Co. CCW

Post imported post

Newbie here.

How long can one expect to get their CCW in Wake County ? I applied on Jan 10th 2008 and am in a holding pattern.

Will the CCW Lic be mailed to my residence or will i have to trek downtown to pick it up?

Thanks for the response.

Gary F

M&P 9mm
    Tazer C2

Post imported post

Myself and a co-worker went to the same CCH [not CCW] class, we filed at the same time too since we have the same off days. My co-worker got his in 5 weeks, he lives in Wake county. Myself? I live in the next county over [the one, the only one that requires you to register handgun purchases with the local sheriff within 30 days] and they take the full 91 days to give it to you as I have been told recently by the Sheriff's department.

And to put this into context we are both Correctional Officers which are law enforcement.
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Post imported post

Thanks - Did your friend have to go downtown to pick up his license or was it mailed to him ?

Gary F

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

It has to be signed and laminated in the sheriffs office so they cannot mail it to you.

Post imported post

Actually, it's CHP

Edit: Forgot to add that Union county waited until the 89th day to get it to me. It may be in the Sheriff's office just waiting for you. A good rule of thumb is to wait 9 weeks, then give them a call.

Post imported post

Yeah, you have to pick those up from the sheriff's department.

By the by, the Raleigh instructor I got and the manual says Concealed Carry Handgun Training, go fig.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Post imported post

The permit itself says North Carolina concealed handun permit... ah, who gives a ****?

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    The permit itself says North Carolina concealed handun permit... ah, who gives a ****?
    Definently not me. I really wanted the CHP/CCW/CCH, etc, etc, etc. because I live in the worst county for gun permits in North Carolina and this type of permit supercede their supposed authority for buying purposes.

Post imported post

Got the call this afternoon advising my Permit was ready for pick up. Now I can confirm it took 43 days from submission date to call back date, six week turn around.

Now I have to go back to the Sheriff's Dept and pick up the little bugger.

Gary F

Post imported post

They didn't even laminate my NCCHP. They said I could go do it myself. Good lord.

Post imported post

hey custodian,

i'm alsoa bull city resident. i applied for my CHP at the end of january. did the sheriff's dept take the full 90 days? i assume they do, right?

Post imported post

** sorry, this was a double post **

Post imported post

Yep, 90 days. However, if you are a police cadet in the city, they will rubber stamp your permit. Go fig.