• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Para-Ord PXT1445E B

martialcanine.45

imported post

Hope this isn't too late. I own two Para 1911 SSP ("painted" black) .45acp with a similar/identical finish as the one you linked to. I've not had major problems with function, but have not owned them very long.

My big beef with Para's lies with their finish; the "painted" finish on my one Para began chipping before it was ever fired and I treat all my firearms as prized possessions. This is a common complaint on many Para models with a dark finish. Also, certain parts on their stainless models are prone to discoloration after minimal amounts of firing, though it may be removed with some effort.

I expect a gun to show wear after use; for sure, my normal carry pistols and trail rifles show their 'experience'. Yet the finish issues are a serious quality defect that Para needs to address.

Otherwise, they do seem to be good, functioning pistols, and those with more experience may be able to speak more from this perspective.