• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NEWS FLASH

Edward Peruta

imported post

JAMES F. GOLDBERG HAS BEEN ISSUED A TEMPORARY STATE PERMIT TO CARRY PISTOLS AND REVOLVERS.

For all that have been following the James Goldberg saga, I am happy to report that on February 4th, James Goldberg was issued a Temporary State Pistol Permt by the Chief of the Wethersfield Police Department.

On his NEW application, James Goldberg listed his being arrested forBreach of Peace in the second degreeby Glastonbury Police on June 21, 2007, theunlawful confiscation of his permit, and the resulting REVOCATION by the Connecticut Department of Public Safety Firearms Unit.

I would personally like tocommend the Wethersfield Poice Chief for his integrity and belief in the rule of law. I'll leave my comments about the Glastonbury Police Chief for some other date.

Obviously their may be issues when James Goldberg presents his Temporary Permit to the State Police to get a permanent State Permit, but we'll cross that Bridge when we get to it.

The issue is far from over, and the Federal Lawsuits regarding Connecticut Gun Laws and the actions of both the Glastonbury Police Department and the State Police are still on track.

In the very near future, we will publish what we find in the civil discovery process.

For now, anyone with similar situations should find a decent qualified attorney or contact Attorney Rachel Baird at either her Torrington or Hartford Office.

AS CITIZENS, WE ALL NEED TO STICK TOGETHER AND SHARE OUR STORIES SO THAT OTHERS WILL BE ABLE TO JUDGE FOR THEMSELVES.