Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: NOW is the time to join Cease Fire Maryland

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    READ THIS: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=337664and then http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/le...al_Edition.pdf to find out why you REALLY should join Cease Fire Maryland today.

    Congratulations to John Josselynn and the good folks in Maryland. This is the best piece of activism that could have happened, short of getting "shall issue" status and the abolition of the handgun roster.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/le...al_Edition.pdf


    Maryland's biggest anti organization loses their names and their legal existence. Pro group snaps up the names and incorporates.

    Activism at work! Congratulations Cease Fire Maryland!

    I contacted them to join. They deserve all the support they can get.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    skidmark wrote:
    http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/le...al_Edition.pdf


    Maryland's biggest anti organization loses their names and their legal existence. Pro group snaps up the names and incorporates.

    Activism at work! Congratulations Cease Fire Maryland!

    I contacted them to join. They deserve all the support they can get.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    File corrupted, possibly the elipsis.


  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , Maryland, USA
    Posts
    230

    Post imported post

    skidmark wrote:
    READ THIS: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=337664and then http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/le...al_Edition.pdf to find out why you REALLY should join Cease Fire Maryland today.

    Congratulations to John Josselynn and the good folks in Maryland. This is the best piece of activism that could have happened, short of getting "shall issue" status and the abolition of the handgun roster.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    I just saw this over at mdshooters.com: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=5003

    Freaking hilarious! Great post. Join today for your chance to win some Glock gear!


  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    377

    Post imported post

    Mr. Josselynn needs to take control of the website http://www.ceasefiremd.org/

    It has a very anti-2A slant. There is even a donate now page!

    CeaseFire Maryland, Inc is a Maryland nonprofit corporation recognized as exempt under Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. Because CeaseFire Maryland, Inc. engages in lobbying and other political activities, contributions are not tax-deductible either as charitable contributions or business expenses.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,761

    Post imported post

    Wow, what a read! I shortend the pdf for you

    http://tinyurl.com/27u3r6

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    XD Owner wrote:
    CeaseFire Maryland, Inc is a Maryland nonprofit corporation recognized as exempt under Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. Because CeaseFire Maryland, Inc. engages in lobbying and other political activities, contributions are not tax-deductible either as charitable contributions or business expenses.
    The Ceasefire Maryland, Inc. associated with the old website is a defunct organization that has been co-opted by the good guys, as noted above.

    I agree that the issue of the web site revmaining up, even tho there has been nothing added since 2006, is confusing to folks who do not know about the coup.

    I tried to make a donation just to see if the site was working. Paypal <I know, bad people but it's what they have> kept rejecting me no matter how much over zero I entered.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , Maryland, USA
    Posts
    230

    Post imported post

    skidmark wrote:
    XD Owner wrote:
    CeaseFire Maryland, Inc is a Maryland nonprofit corporation recognized as exempt under Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. Because CeaseFire Maryland, Inc. engages in lobbying and other political activities, contributions are not tax-deductible either as charitable contributions or business expenses.
    The Ceasefire Maryland, Inc. associated with the old website is a defunct organization that has been co-opted by the good guys, as noted above.

    I agree that the issue of the web site revmaining up, even tho there has been nothing added since 2006, is confusing to folks who do not know about the coup.

    I wonder what the "powers that be" in Maryland might do to a defunct lobbying group that is still soliciting funds? <hint, hint>

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    Give them a fat grant (of taxpayer money) to rename their organization(s), fund updates totheir website, buy out the previous names or pass some legislation to make their public use by pro-gun entities illegal.

    After the past many years, one thing is proven…some folks in Annapolis that we’ve given decision-making power to are capable of anything. For example: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum28/8006.html

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    bohdi wrote:
    Wow, what a read! I shortend the pdf for you

    http://tinyurl.com/27u3r6
    Thanks, Bohdi.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    Give them a fat grant (of taxpayer money) to rename their organization(s), fund updates totheir website, buy out the previous names or pass some legislation to make their public use by pro-gun entities illegal.
    Just heard from Mr. Josselyn (or somebody speaking for him). They own the names now, and are moving to have the old (anti) web site taken down. The coup caught everyoneby surprise.

    Seems they could rename and all but there is the problem of getting incorporation after several illegal acts as a former corporation. There might ned to be a complete change of Board of Directors in order to pass muster again.

    Although I'm not a Marylander, it seems folks there need to cheer up, get happy, put on a smiling face and think good thoughts for a change. Y'all have fought a hard fight, and this is definately a win. Take it for that and forge on to the next victory.

    We'll keep the light on for you, if you ever want to come and visit.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    Here's the juicy bits.

    CeaseFire Maryland, Inc. and Marylanders Against Handgun Abuse, Inc. Reborn Under New Management


    When CeaseFire Maryland fell into disarray in 2006, its
    management failed to file the corporate personal property
    returns as required by state law. Consequently, at 1:21 AM
    on October 5, 2007, the Maryland State Department of
    Assessments and Taxation (SDAT) forfeited (see definition
    below) the charters of Marylanders Against Handgun Abuse
    and CeaseFire Maryland.


    On December 20, 2007 at 6:37 PM this Association’s Legislative Vice President John H. Josselyn, became aware that the State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT) had forfeited the corporate charters of CeaseFire Maryland and Marylanders Against Handgun Abuse (MAHA).

    This action by SDAT not only ended the legal standing of both organizations, but it also made the names available to anyone who wanted to use them.

    On December 21, 2007 at 9:31 AM, SDAT granted name reservations for CeaseFire Maryland and Marylanders Against Handgun Abuse to John H. Josselyn.

    On January 10, 2008 at 1:10 PM, the Department of Assessments and Taxation confirmed acceptance of the corporate charter filings by John H. Josselyn as the Director of the following corporation entities:

    Marylanders Against Handgun Abuse, Inc. D12316436
    CeaseFire Maryland, Inc. D12316428

    This action prevents the anti-gun groups CeaseFire & MAHA from filing the necessary tax forms and reinstating their charters. They can form new groups but they cannot use the names CeaseFire Maryland or Marylanders Against Handgun Abuse. Also, they cannot legally claim a seat on the Maryland Handgun Roster Board.

    The first official act of the new Director was to meet with Senate President Mike Miller and formally object to the appointment and confirmation of Leonard Lucchi as a
    member of the Maryland Handgun Roster Board.

    You really can’t make up stuff like this - the truth is
    sometimes stranger than fiction.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mag-bayonettes!, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,407

    Post imported post

    Praying MMM & Brady forget to file... then finally we can all join MMM.
    -Unrequited

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    I'll bet THEY file early from now on.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorktown, VA, ,
    Posts
    270

    Post imported post

    And this is exactly what all of us should be searching for - changing from within.

    Debating and attacking these groups externally is of limited value since they are prepared to defend against external events. But once inside, you have free roam.

    Attend meetings, receive advanced info, newsletters, become an active member, etc. all while bringing more of our types on board covertly. Once the right people are in the right position, coup d’état!

    I am personally aware of several low profile pro-gunners in anti-gun organizations at this very time - one guy even jokes about always carrying concealed while at their meetings!



  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    Too funny.

  16. #16
    Lone Star Veteran DrMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hampton Roads, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,553

    Post imported post

    [Mr Burn] Eeeeeeeeexxxxxxcellent! [/Mr Burns]





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •