• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Foster's in Manassas City Robbed

vrwmiller

imported post

[font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][/font][/font]
Two flee after stealing from restaurant's safe

An employee of Foster's Grill in Manassas walked in on two men who were stealing from the safe in the restaurant's office Monday evening, said Sgt. Tim Neumann, Manassas police spokesman.

The incident happened around 6:15 p.m. at the restaurant at 9417 West St. in Manassas, police said.

According to police, the 19-year-old woman walked into the manager's office in the rear of the restaurant and found two men. The employee asked what they were doing in the office, and after realizing what was happening called 911, Neumann said.

The two thieves, who had pried open the office door and stolen two bank bags containing an undisclosed amount of cash, pushed her out of the way and fled through the rear door, police said.

One was described as a heavy-set black man, between 50 and 55 years old, and approximately 6 feet 1 inch tall with. He was wearing a black leather coat with a design on it and dark pants, police said.

The other thief was only described as either a white or Hispanic man, approximately 50 years old, and 5 feet 4 inches tall. He was wearing a black puffy coat and black pants, police said.
[font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]

Source
[/font]
[/font]

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I guess since the media didn't bother to expressly exclude any threats of physical force or weapons, we're left to wonder if it was a robbery or a burglary.

unrequited

imported post

6:15pm? As in during the dinner rush? Wow, these guys certainly got a pair. It's not like this restaurant is in a bad place. I'm certain an OCDO dinner there would have been very interesting had they ran out through the front door with weapons drawn.

nitrovic

imported post

That's why I don't understand why some of these restaurant owners don't like open carrying citizens in their place. I would LOVE it if I owned a restaurant. This crap wouldn't happen.:celebrate