• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GOP Race is more interesting

mkl

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
I'm not sure how we are building empires.  I am from one of the colonies of the USA (PR), but I understand why we need to have a military presence on foreign land.  We need to have our military placed strategically in order to shorten our response time to threats or attacks.  It is a conservative position to be proactive when it comes to defense, it is a liberal position to wait till something happens (at which time they will go to the UN and kiss some bureaucratic ass).

I don't have a problem with the use of marijuana, but it is a slippery slope to say that we should not regulate what we put in our bodies.  Legalize weed, then heroin, then coke... if it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander.  Liberals pander to the folks who want to allow us to put whatever we want into our bodies, knowing full well that that will never happen.  You would have to do away with the FDA, USDA, DEA and several other departments that regulate and control the harmful crap that is out there.

Paul is willing to sit back and let local government regulate abortion.  Does this sound like a pro lifer to you?  He says no federal involvement should be required, but stops short.

We will just have to disagree. When we are at war with Iran as well and the country is bankrupt maybe you'll start to see why we can't just go over seas and pick fights that don't need to be fought with every country we don't agree with.