• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Info About John McCain

No NAU

imported post

I had never heard this info before. Interesting... Jack McLamb's credentials seem to be legit from what I can research.

A website that is new to me, sorry if folks are familiar with it:

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/

And an article that came out today:

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/february2008/020708_never_tortured.htm

Top Cop Says McCain Was Never Tortured
Former Vietnam vet with top secret clearance - Republican frontrunner is "a lying skunk"
Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Thursday, February 7th, 2008

A former Vietnam veteran with top secret clearance says he has personally spoken to numerous POW's who dispute John McCain's claim that he refused to provide information after he was captured and tortured in Hanoi, saying that in fact McCain's code-name was "Songbird" because of his willingness to tell all to avoid torture.

Jack McLamb served nine years in secret operations in Cambodia and other nations before going on to become one of the most highly decorated police officer's in Phoenix history, winning police officer of the year twice before taking a role as a hostage negotiator for the FBI.

"I know a lot of Vietnam veterans and a few POW's and all the POW's that I've talked to over the years say that John McCain is a lying skunk," McLamb told the Alex Jones Show.

"He never was tortured - they were there in the camp with him and then when he came in....he immediately started spilling his guts about everything because he didn't want to get tortured," said McLamb, contradicting the official story that McCain only offered his name, rank, serial number, and date of birth.

"The Vietnamese Communists called him the Songbird, that's his code name, Songbird McCain, because he just came into the camp singing and telling them everything they wanted to know," said McLamb.

McLamb said the POW's told him that McCain had sustained two broken arms and a leg injury from not pulling his arms in when he bailed out of his A-4 Skyhawk that was shot down over the Truc Bach Lake in Hanoi.

The POW's said that McCain made 32 propaganda videos for the communist North Vietnamese in which he denounced America for what they were doing in Vietnam.

"They have these sealed now, our government has these sealed, we can't get to it, they have it classified," said McLamb, adding that in truth "the POW's hate John McCain."

It is commonly accepted that McCain was treated better than other POW's and afforded medical care immediately after the North Vietnamese discovered that his father was a top admiral.

Several Vietnam veterans groups do solely exist to expose McCain's abandonment of veteran's interests as well as his lies about being tortured, including Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain and U.S. Veteran Dispatch.

Doubts over McCain's alleged war hero status and his support to curtail efforts to look for missing POW's contributed to torpedoing his presidential campaign in 2000 and those same questions will undoubtedly surface again should the Senator win the Republican nomination.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I have been hesitant to use the word 'traitor.'

Consider the controversy over waterboarding. Is it reasonable that the ARVN tortured McLame and he didn't break? I don't think so.

I think McLame is another Jess Friggin' sKerry.

I think I posted the NY Post article, a link to it anyway, on conservative 'suicide voters' voting for Hag Hillary rether than allow the GOP to ram McLame down our throats. The GOP is dead (Bush-41) dead (Bush-43) Dead (McCain).

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't want to get involved in the political discussion. I just want to keep readers well informed.

Here is some info I came across yesterday. David Hardy is helping with a pro-gun amicus brief on Parker/Heller. Here is a section from his blog www.armsandthelaw.com:

Posted by David Hardy · 5 February 2008 12:26 PM

My friend and fellow gun attorney has an article out on the subject. Jim is author of the first law review article attacking McCain-Feingold, so it's not like he's a big McCain supporter. He's a straight shooter, and spent years in the Hanoi Hilton, and was tortured, so he's an eyewitness to what's under discussion.

By way of background, apparently there are internet rumors going around that are getting pretty wild -- down to claiming that McCain collaborated with his captors and as a result was assigned to a cushy hotel room with two ladies of the evening. I'm waiting for the followup in which he was taken aboard a U boat to celebrate Hitler's 90th birthday in a secret bunker in Antarctica.

More comment in extended remarks below.

Continue reading "John McCain and the Hanoi Hilton"

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

McCain: The John Kerry of '08

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080208/EDITORIAL/625716180

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080208/NATION03/259702077/1002/NATION

"There are murmurs of heading into the political wilderness. Sit this one out. Rather than sell the party's soul to John McCain, let Hillary have it, or Barack. Go into opposition for four years while the party gets its head together and comes up with an authentic conservative candidate. If this sourness takes hold at the margin, say among GOP anti-immigrant voters, it might happen.

"The wilderness is a good place to find yourself, if you're a prophet. There are reasons, though, why a principled political retreat won't make conservative prospects better. The point of a principled retreat would be to rediscover coherence amid doctrinal confusion. The exact opposite is likely to happen."
McLame=sKerry

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have known of these rumors for a long time and this is not the first time they have come out or been espoused. They have been out there for a long time, but not widely dissemenated, IMO because the media has long had a vested interest in backing McCain. Now that doesn't mean that I believe they are true. I just don't know and really, I just don't care. None of us know how we would hold up in a POW situation and we will likely never know exactly what McCain did or did not do as a POW.

There are many, many reasons for GOP voters to reject McCain that have absolutely nothing in any way, shape or form to do with his military or POW record.

hsmith

imported post

While I don't know the factual basis of these claims, the fact McCain uses his POW history like Giuliani uses his 9/11 history gets on my nerves. Granted, much different, but it is all McCain goes on it seems.

We all know he was a POW, we all know he served his country. We get it John.

Legba

imported post

Citizen wrote:
I don't want to get involved in the political discussion. I just want to keep readers well informed.

Here is some info I came across yesterday. David Hardy is helping with a pro-gun amicus brief on Parker/Heller. Here is a section from his blog http://www.armsandthelaw.com:

Posted by David Hardy · 5 February 2008 12:26 PM

My friend and fellow gun attorney has an article out on the subject. Jim is author of the first law review article attacking McCain-Feingold, so it's not like he's a big McCain supporter. He's a straight shooter, and spent years in the Hanoi Hilton, and was tortured, so he's an eyewitness to what's under discussion.

By way of background, apparently there are internet rumors going around that are getting pretty wild -- down to claiming that McCain collaborated with his captors and as a result was assigned to a cushy hotel room with two ladies of the evening. I'm waiting for the followup in which he was taken aboard a U boat to celebrate Hitler's 90th birthday in a secret bunker in Antarctica.

More comment in extended remarks below.

Continue reading "John McCain and the Hanoi Hilton"

I was present at Hitler's Antarctica bash, and McCain was not there. He still owes me $500 for the hookers...

But seriously, this sounds a little too much like the Kerry "swiftboating" treatment. Anything that scandalous would have been vetted when he ran for Senator, so I don't see much coming of this. That said, and even assuming he behaved honorably throughout his service, I don't agree that his being a POW automatically makes him a hero. That word has gotten cheapened by casual application.

-ljp

tarzan1888

imported post

I hate McCain, BUT I'm thinking that this to closely coincides with McCain's recent wins and Romney's exit.

I smell the Clinton Machinery Grinding here.

Tarzan

I was wrong. To far right for the Clinton's

Sleepless

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
I hate McCain, BUT I'm thinking that this to closely coincides with McCain's recent wins and Romney's exit.

Tarzan

Tarzan I don't think it is actually the Clinton Election Machine at work here but some Republicans who doesn't want to see McCain win the nomination for the Republican side, lord knows how many highly conservative Republicans who hate some of the things that McCain stands for like the amnesty for illegal immigrants.

I agree with Legba, this seems to be almost the same kind ofswiftboat attack that Kerry was hit by, but this time from the Republican side and not the Democrats.

I could be wrong but at this point in the election that it came up I highly doubt it though.

Please let me know if I have my facts wrong though.

No NAU

imported post

It looks like the Swiftboat folks are involved.

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/february2008/020808_presidential_ambitions.htm

McCain's Presidential Ambitions Set To Be Swiftboated
Swift Boat Veterans for Truth member set to launch counter-offensive to reclaim Republican Party
Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Friday, February 8th, 2008

Remnants of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth group that contributed to torpedoing John Kerry's presidential ambitions in 2004 are set to derail John McCain's hopes of becoming the Republican nominee by forcing the GOP to jettison the Senator and instigating a revolution within the party to return it to its conservative roots.

It was McCain himself that leapt to Kerry's defense during the Swift Boat controversy four years ago and now the individuals that started the offensive against Kerry are set to turn on McCain.

The campaign is being led by Sergeant Ted Sampley who has devoted much of his post-military career to campaigning for the safe return of lost POW's stranded behind enemy lines. He is Vice President of Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Rally Washington, D.C., which has no less than half a million active members.

Sampley also runs Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain organization, which has been instrumental in exposing the fact that McCain's status as a war hero and the claim that he was tortured in Vietnam is a complete fabrication, as well as highlighting the fact that McCain poses as a veteran's advocate yet abandons them on every turnkey issue.

"We are planning right now a counter-offensive called GOP Tea Party, and in the spirit of 1773 when the colonists rebelled against the King of England and tossed all that tea over, we're going to rebel against the Republican Party and toss McCain over," Sampley told the Alex Jones Show.

"We hope to start a revolution within the Republican Party to cleanse it of all the left-leaning Republicans and McCain is a leftist if you look at his major activity," he added, pointing out that McCain has direct links to the Clintons and would be no different than having Hillary in the White House.

Sampley said that the move would consist of convincing around 10 per cent of Republicans to sign a pledge promising that they would not vote for McCain, and re-establish the real conservative roots of the Republican Party.

"We were the first to open up on John Kerry and we took a lot of crap," said Sampley, "the same stuff's going to be thrown at us about McCain that was thrown at us about John Kerry," said Sampley.

"McCain is a deceiver, he is the great deceiver, you can't trust him," he added.

Sampley dismissed the importance of McCain's delegate support, saying that as long as 10 per cent could be made to sign the pledge, the Republicans would be forced to jettison McCain, leading to a brokered convention and the selection of a different nominee.

"When the Republican establishment is confronted with the cold fact that if the party nominates McCain, all efforts to win the presidency will be in vain. It will be forced to "broker" the leftist McCain into oblivion where he rightfully belongs," reads the GOP Tea Party website.

Whether Sampley's efforts will be successful largely hinges on whether establishment Republican-leaning and Neo-Con news outlets and talk radio give the campaign any attention. Can the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Fox News and Glenn Beck really be relied upon to sink McCain's aspirations or will they mothball the story to ensure a completely staged McCain vs. Hillary contest ensues?

tarzan1888

imported post

Sleepless wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:

Tarzan

Tarzan I don't think it is actually the Clinton Election Machine at work here but some Republicans who doesn't want to see McCain win the nomination for the Republican side, lord knows how many highly conservative Republicans who hate some of the things that McCain stands for like the amnesty for illegal immigrants.

I agree with Legba, this seems to be almost the same kind ofswiftboat attack that Kerry was hit by, but this time from the Republican side and not the Democrats.

I could be wrong but at this point in the election that it came up I highly doubt it though.

Please let me know if I have my facts wrong though.

I have no Intel on the whole thing, just a nose that can detect a familiar stink and some suspicions.

Tarzan

The stink is there and I truly doubt this is true, but this is from the far right, not from the far left.

tarzan1888

imported post

No NAU wrote:
.............. Jack McLamb's credentials seem to be legit from what I can research........

WARNING DANGER DANGER!

I did a search on Jack McLamb and then clicked on a link and my filtering software stopped my search for "Militant Extremist"

This guy is way out there on the extreme far right. With everything from foreign troops being massed on our borders for an invasion back in 2003 to Y2K exterminations back in the late 90's to on and on.

This is not good information and I would not personally believe anything this man said.

Tarzan

No NAU

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
No NAU wrote:
.............. Jack McLamb's credentials seem to be legit from what I can research........

WARNING DANGER DANGER!

I did a search on Jack McLamb and then clicked on a link and my filtering software stopped my search for "Militant Extremist"

This guy is way out there on the extreme far right.   With everything from foreign troops being massed on our borders for an invasion back in 2003 to Y2K exterminations back in the late 90's to on and on.

This is not good information and I would not personally believe anything this man said.

Tarzan

One man's "militant extremist" is another man's "freedom fighter". And somewhere between the far-right and far-left the circle completes itself. It just depends on who is doing the writing. From what I can find his military/police/FBI credentials are legit. He is obviously a believer in the NWO as one can see on jacklamb.com. I would also offer my opinion he is/was following/involved with the militia scene. The militia movement of the '90's gets into sketchy areas like the warning from former CIA director Bill Colby to the militias and his subsequent strange death etc., which I mention as it involved the y2k scenario as well as others regarding UN troops etc. That is an entire can of worms in itself. For those interested some googling will provide some interesting reading.

Information must always be vetted and he could be lying about all of this but I have trouble totally writing off a man's statements who has these credentials.

LAW ENFORCEMENT ASSIGNMENTS
Patrol Division, Patrol Officer
Intelligence Officer for City Gang Squad
Certified Police Academy Instructor
Phoenix, Arizona Regional Academy
Developed school crime prevention/safety program known as the 'Officer Friendly Program' (Coordinated with Sears Roebuck Foundation to develop as nationwide school/police program)
Developed first Phoenix Crime Prevention/Community Liaison Offices (100 experimental Block-Watch programs in city)
Boys Club - Police Instructor
Business and Home security expert for Police Department

AWARDS RECEIVED
(Officer McLamb has the distinction of being the most highly decorated police officer in the history of Phoenix, Arizona - the sixth largest city in the United States with a Police Department of over 2600 sworn officers)
POLICE OFFICER OF THE YEAR Award for the City, twice
OFFICER OF THE YEAR 2nd place, 1984
OFFICER OF THE MONTH, October 1984
Various commendations from the Phoenix Police Department
Various and numerous awards and commendations from the Arizona community (schools, businesses, associations, etc.)
Arizona/Nevada Police Olympics, 1980 Gold Medal

COMMUNITY SERVICE/ASSOCIATIONS
AMERICAN CITIZENS & LAWMEN ASSOCIATION
founder/national director since 1980
AID & ABET POLICE/MILITARY NEWSLETTER
national publisher since 1981
POLICE AGAINST THE NEW WORLD ORDER
national executive board member since 1982
INTERNATIONAL DRUG ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS ASSOCIATION, member
ARIZONANS FOR NATIONAL SECURITY, past civil defense director
COUNCIL FOR NATIONAL POLICY, member
VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS, member
AMERICAN LEGION, member
ASSOCIATION OF FORMER INTELLIGENCE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION, past member
ARIZONA CRIME PREVENTION, past member
U.S. FEDERATION OF POLICE, past member
INVESTIGATORS & REPORTERS ASSOCIATION, past member
Firearms Instructor for Private Citizens
Various Police and Military Educational Organizations

tarzan1888

imported post

No NAU wrote:
......One man's "militant extremist" is another man's "freedom fighter"...........

This may be true, BUT I looked at what he said in interview after interview, and paper after paper.

I would link them, but I can't from this computer. I accessed them via my phone to keep from jeopardizing my job by going to such sites.

I am only a voice of warning here. I was disturbed by what he said and my Job was placed in jeopardy as I have to write an e-mail to my supervisors to explain when I get filtered results on the Internet.

This is truly a proceed at your own risk kind of thing.

Again I do not like McCain, but I can't suborn information that is known to me to befrom someone that I have researched and found to be one who espouses false information.

Tarzan

Legba

imported post

I have no trouble whatsoever dismissing arguments from "authority," however impressivesomeone's resume might look. Matters of fact are just that, and McCain's alleged cowardice and treachery aren't more or less true because this guy wore a uniform.Benedict Arnold was a general and Josef Mengele was a doctor - that doesn't make them reliable people you'd want to associate with. McCain himself is already a senator - hardly a trivial achievement compared to this guy being cop of the year in Podunk.

I don't care for any of the "approved" candidates, and I'm willing to believe McCain is a toad (in fact I do already, but for other reasons), but this strikes me as a cheap shot, absent objective evidence beyond hearsay anecdotal attacks. I learned in science classes that claims require evidence and that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. This "Manchurian Candidate" kind ofstuff strikes me as far-fetched to just be coming out at this late date.

-ljp

glocknroll

imported post

No NAU wrote:
It looks like the Swiftboat folks are involved.

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/february2008/020808_presidential_ambitions.htm

McCain's Presidential Ambitions Set To Be Swiftboated
Swift Boat Veterans for Truth member set to launch counter-offensive to reclaim Republican Party
Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Friday, February 8th, 2008

Remnants of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth group that contributed to torpedoing John Kerry's presidential ambitions in 2004 are set to derail John McCain's hopes of becoming the Republican nominee by forcing the GOP to jettison the Senator and instigating a revolution within the party to return it to its conservative roots.

It was McCain himself that leapt to Kerry's defense during the Swift Boat controversy four years ago and now the individuals that started the offensive against Kerry are set to turn on McCain.

The campaign is being led by Sergeant Ted Sampley who has devoted much of his post-military career to campaigning for the safe return of lost POW's stranded behind enemy lines. He is Vice President of Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Rally Washington, D.C., which has no less than half a million active members.

Sampley also runs Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain organization, which has been instrumental in exposing the fact that McCain's status as a war hero and the claim that he was tortured in Vietnam is a complete fabrication, as well as highlighting the fact that McCain poses as a veteran's advocate yet abandons them on every turnkey issue.

"We are planning right now a counter-offensive called GOP Tea Party, and in the spirit of 1773 when the colonists rebelled against the King of England and tossed all that tea over, we're going to rebel against the Republican Party and toss McCain over," Sampley told the Alex Jones Show.

"We hope to start a revolution within the Republican Party to cleanse it of all the left-leaning Republicans and McCain is a leftist if you look at his major activity," he added, pointing out that McCain has direct links to the Clintons and would be no different than having Hillary in the White House.

Sampley said that the move would consist of convincing around 10 per cent of Republicans to sign a pledge promising that they would not vote for McCain, and re-establish the real conservative roots of the Republican Party.

"We were the first to open up on John Kerry and we took a lot of crap," said Sampley, "the same stuff's going to be thrown at us about McCain that was thrown at us about John Kerry," said Sampley.

"McCain is a deceiver, he is the great deceiver, you can't trust him," he added.

Sampley dismissed the importance of McCain's delegate support, saying that as long as 10 per cent could be made to sign the pledge, the Republicans would be forced to jettison McCain, leading to a brokered convention and the selection of a different nominee.

"When the Republican establishment is confronted with the cold fact that if the party nominates McCain, all efforts to win the presidency will be in vain. It will be forced to "broker" the leftist McCain into oblivion where he rightfully belongs," reads the GOP Tea Party website.

Whether Sampley's efforts will be successful largely hinges on whether establishment Republican-leaning and Neo-Con news outlets and talk radio give the campaign any attention. Can the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Fox News and Glenn Beck really be relied upon to sink McCain's aspirations or will they mothball the story to ensure a completely staged McCain vs. Hillary contest ensues?
If Ted Sampley and Rolling Thunder are behind this, then it is extremely suspect. I am not a McCain supporter, I just want the truth.

I know personally the top Defense Intelligence Agency analyst that testified before Congress that there are no POW/MIA's from Vietnam still being held. I have heard his evidence, from him. I believe him.

Sorry, folks. Those people are dead.

I understand why some would hold out for the triumph of hope over experience and evidence, but it just ain't so.

Sorr

tarzan1888

imported post

It does my heart good to see good men stand up for someone they really don't like, because it is the right thing to do.

Gentlemen I applaud you.

Tarzan