• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I had this dream about OC and a self defense scene...

XD40coyote

imported post

I had a semi vivid one today before awakening and involved open carry and a college campus.

I was wandering around OCing with my XD40 in my shoulder holster ( still OC since it was on the outside of my clothes), and at first was trying to walk to some range were a shooting comp was taking place or something. At first I was embarrassed about my gun being visible to the public but soon realized I was in an OC state and what I was doing was legal, and no one was bothering me about it as it was. Somewhere in there I end up in some art class building on some college campus. There is never an indication of what state I was in wandering about like this- must have been Utah, sometime in the future, or VA Tech for all in heck I know. I saw posted here in the VA forum about some pro gun event there were some visitors were allowed to OC.

Anyway back to the art building- there was someone there I knew and was friends with and they had some really cool looking little sculptures made of that creative clay or whatever it's called- the stuff that comes in many colors and you bake it to cure it. She had them set on a board next to a stair landing and there was a door nearby as well, that lead to the outside. She had to go do something like go to the bathroom and left me there alone. I was concerned someone might steal her little sculptures or something, so I stood there waiting for her to come back. Well some werido guy and his girlfriend come in the door leading to the outside and they stand there and he is looking at the sculptures and starts acting goofy like he is going to smash them all. I tell him to cut it out and you better not do that. So he pulls a knife on me and I back down the stairway to retreat saying to him to cut it out, and then pull my XD out and rack the slide ( this is so realisic as I never have a round chambered in my 2 XD's, just a mag in there, but this is at home). He still starts walking towards me and I continue to tell him to stop it and leave, but he still advances so I end up shooting at him like 5 times. He drops the knife and runs away down this side hall with the terrified girlfriend behind him, and for some reason I walk back up the stairs and peek down the hall, like I was trying to see if I hit him or not. There are bullet holes in this inside thick old wooden door behind where he had been standing as he came towards me with the knife. I noted that the hollowpoints looked to be lodged in the door. The girlfriend is standing inside another doorway in this hallway and the crazy guy comes out a door at the end of the short hallway and staggers towards me. I can see I hit him a few times in the chest. He then falls to the floor a few feet from me and is getting back up and I see him pulling some little gun from his waist area, so I just react and shoot him in the head and he just drops. The girlfriend then is trying to lift him up. He was this ugly looking guy too, white guy, skinny, dirty white clothes ( now all bloodstained) and really light colored eyes and hair- he actually looked like an albino.

After this I run back to the stairwell, and students from an art classroom are running out and I yell that I hope someone called 911. Then the cops show up pretty fast and I am clearing the gun and lock back the slide and hand it to them. I notice all this rust on my XD! I ask the cop I hand it to if he could oil it up so it wouldn't continue rusting in some evidence locker LOL. I am never arrested, and it goes to a little later and I am alone with some detective explaining exactly how it all happened right there at the scene.

When I woke up I checked my XD 40 to see if it was rusting...

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I have two consistent gun/weapon related dreams. First, let me preface this with a standard dream I used to have. I would constantly have dreams that I had to beat the crap out of somebody, either out of anger or who knows what, but my punches did nothing. I would swing as hard as I could and it would barely touch him.

Anyway so now I have these dreams every once in a while where I go to shoot somebody for whatever reason (normally it's the alien or Nazi popping up from behind a wall...dang video games) and my gun just goes CLICK CLICK CLICK. Sometimes it shoots airsoft rounds. It gives me the exact same feeling as trying to punch someone and not having the strength.

The second dream I keep having is where my OTF switchblade (which I normally don't carry anyway) breaks and wont come out all the way, or the blade snaps in half and the pieces fall out. Once it was all rusty, too.

XD40coyote, you're probably having dreams like that just because you read/think a lot about it on a regular basis. I always dream aboutthe most prevalent and consistent thingsin my mind at the time. The only suggestion I have to use is keep a round chambered!! :D

Schofield

imported post

I actually dream about things like this quite often: Being impotent in defense of yourself. I think it's a common enough thing amongst people, like many of us, who know the world isn't too safe and take precautions against it. To someone who thinks guns mean power and authority over protection and usefulness... I'm sure they dream of being an action hero.

I'll often have dreams where my firearms will gloriously malfunction like my AKM falling apart (literally) in my hands or my Mossberg 590 somehow breaking in an improbable manner. I also have dreams where an animal is attacking and my rounds seem to do nothing. Could be from growing up in Alaska. Either way, you're not alone. - Schofield

XD40coyote

imported post

Very rarely doI have a dream with this theme were things seem to go the way of at least semi reality. YesI too get the gun falling apart or not working or whatever problem as a theme! I often have ones were the ammo is the wrong type and I am trying to load a mag, or it becomes some sort of junk or is made of clay or numerous other rediculous materials. And yes most of the time whenI shoot at something in a dream, it does nothing or is nothing. Been having gun dreams for quite a many years, and sometimesI am a criminal, sometimes I am the good person. I also have had the dreams where animals attack me.

An old theme I have had for years is me looking through stuff, either a secret room I find, or I am a criminal that has broken into someplace. In these I am always looking for the hidden gun and generally I never find it. Haven't had one of these in a while though- maybe because I have found the guns( legally)in real life!

In the past I have had a few trully frightening dreams where someone is attacking me or someone I know. I have no power to do anything in these. Other dreams the situation starts and I take control and project something to change it. This theme tends to occur with these stupid dreams where I am in high school again and I realize that I graduated long ago and even have a college degree- thenin the dreamI decide to stay home instead of worrying about getting to school on time! This is lucid dreaming, sinceI always will realize in the dream after a while that I am having one of those stupid high school dreams again.

I once had a dream about were-coyotes coming at me and accusing me of supporting the killing of coyotes- and therefore they should kill me, andI ran and hid in this old cabin with some guy standing in the corner and shotgun up on a gunrack under a deer head. I shout at him to get it but he ignores me, but the coyotes don't follow me.Something about this dream was very different and strange,andI have been fixated with coyotes ever since.I also started doing taxidermy a few years later. I am now at the point that I will not be so easily intimidated and if I was to be cornered like that in a dream again, I would grab that damn shotgun , go back outside, and start shooting those coyotes!

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Same goes with running from something but not going anywhere, having a gun but having a million pound trigger pull, or rounds that go in slow motion after having been fired, or rounds that drop out of the muzzle instead 'fire'....

It's all part of normal human psyche.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I just had a weird one... I was with a small group of people who were abducted by a woman impersonating a deputy sherriff. We wound up in the home I grew up in. I managed to put the imposter in a choke hold and cause her to pass out. I tried dialing 911 from home phones but they were all destroyed. I went to a neighbor's house and for some reason was unable to get through to 911. I went back to the house, and found all my guns in a pile there and the BG awake and armed with my Nagant revolver. I grabbed my M38 Mosin Nagant carbine (detecting a theme here?) and loaded it from a stripper clip while running. As I ran she fired, but missed. I turned and shot her one time from the rifle. A direct hit on center of mass, but she still stood and kept firing. I fired another round into her forehead and she went down. The the police started coming up the road, about 5 cars. I slung the rifle over my shoulder and waved them over. A detective looked at the BG's body and told me since I fired two killing shots there may be excessive force issues and I could be charged with a crime. I protested that, and then woke up... Way weird....

FightingGlock19

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
I am alone with some detective explaining exactly how it all happened right there at the scene.
that would be my nightmare,talking to the copsbefore I had the oppurtunity to speak with my lawyer :banghead:

imperialism2024

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
...He still starts walking towards me and I continue to tell him to stop it and leave, but he still advances so I end up shooting at him like 5 times. He drops the knife and runs away down this side hall with the terrified girlfriend behind him, and for some reason I walk back up the stairs and peek down the hall, like I was trying to see if I hit him or not...
...The girlfriend is standing inside another doorway in this hallway and the crazy guy comes out a door at the end of the short hallway and staggers towards me. I can see I hit him a few times in the chest. He then falls to the floor a few feet from me and is getting back up and I see him pulling some little gun from his waist area, so I just react and shoot him in the head and he just drops...

Especially if any of those first five shots hit him, maybe your subconscious is trying to tell you to go out and buy a more powerful gun. I doubt someone would get back up after getting hit a few times in the chest with .44 magnum... :cool:

Tomahawk

imported post

I once dreamed that my high school English teacher was in a nazi uniform and holding hostages in a warehouse in Atlantic City, NJ.When I tried to lead the hostages out the back door he gunned me down with a submachine gun. As I sat up against the wall I tried to raise my weapon, which I think was an M16 but I'm not sure, and the nazi teacher pulled out a Luger and said, "Not this time <Tomahawk's last name>!" and drilled me in the forehead, causing me to wake up. I had a good laugh and went back to sleep.

The next day in class I felt pretty weird sitting in front of this man...

XD40coyote

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
XD40coyote wrote:
...He still starts walking towards me and I continue to tell him to stop it and leave, but he still advances so I end up shooting at him like 5 times. He drops the knife and runs away down this side hall with the terrified girlfriend behind him, and for some reason I walk back up the stairs and peek down the hall, like I was trying to see if I hit him or not...
...The girlfriend is standing inside another doorway in this hallway and the crazy guy comes out a door at the end of the short hallway and staggers towards me. I can see I hit him a few times in the chest. He then falls to the floor a few feet from me and is getting back up and I see him pulling some little gun from his waist area, so I just react and shoot him in the head and he just drops...

Especially if any of those first five shots hit him, maybe your subconscious is trying to tell you to go out and buy a more powerful gun. I doubt someone would get back up after getting hit a few times in the chest with .44 magnum... :cool:

LMAO!

I had my .40 cal with me in this dream. MaybeI need a 10mm instead for that extra punch? LOL

maybe I should have a dream where I have a s and w .500 snubby LOL

imperialism2024

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
XD40coyote wrote:

LMAO!

I had my .40 cal with me in this dream. MaybeI need a 10mm instead for that extra punch? LOL

maybe I should have a dream where I have a s and w .500 snubby LOL
Then you'd have nightmares about over-penetration... :uhoh:

*insert sexual innuendo here*

XD40coyote

imported post

You know I had another gun dream the other day...

In this one I had fallen asleep in my truck after parking it behind my workshop building, and upon awakening saw these people, including some guy I had known in HS or something who was a bit on the wild side. He had my XD40 and gave me my XD9 and said to run as he was going to get me. There was 1 round in the XD9 LOL, wow my chances were so great huh? Well I ran to my other building where I keep my ammo and was trying to load up more before he came in there, and was having the typical stupid gun dream things going on- loading mag backwards, ammo iswrong type or keeps shrinking, and realizing I am loading 9mm's into a .40 mag LOL. Well luckly the goofy guy didn't follow.

LEO 229

imported post

Many cops have had dreams where they had to pull their gun and could not pull the trigger. Including myself!!

In your mind you know you can but in your dreams... Impossible!

I no longer have those dreams... I am always able to pull the trigger now.

I guess it has something to do deep in your mind that you are now absolutely and fully committed to taking the shot if necessary.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We tend to work out our fears and doubts in our dreams. When I was deciding that I was going to carry and that I was willing to take a life if necessary I had some dreams along those lines. Once I made the final decision I no longer had those type of dreams, but instead have had several dreams about taking the shot and then being in jail aftewards. I guess my subconscious is clear about where my fear and concern now rest.

LEO 229

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
We tend to work out our fears and doubts in our dreams. When I was deciding that I was going to carry and that I was willing to take a life if necessary I had some dreams along those lines. Once I made the final decision I no longer had those type of dreams, but instead have had several dreams about taking the shot and then being in jail aftewards. I guess my subconscious is clear about where my fear and concern now rest.
Geez!! You go from cannot shoot to going to jail! ;)

How are you going to get past that?? :lol:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:

I'm actually working on that. I'm trying to get a top level hot, sexy, female dreamland attorney on retainer for such instances. Even if she can't get me out of jail in the dream, that sure will make the attorney/client interview a helluva lot better!:celebrate

XD40coyote

imported post

I had another dream- this one was a nightmare though.

For some background, we used to have this nasty crazy awful neighbor, and one time he blocked our driveway to make us stop when we came home, and he proceeded to yell at us for not letting his daughter walk across our property anymore ( the kid was acting stupid, as well as the other kids, and my parents got tired of it). He was like spitting angry and it scared us and majorly angered me. But thats all he did, my dad did not get crappy back with him, was just calm, and he finally stepped aside. Well these asshole people finally moved a few years ago. However I must still have some anxiety left over.

Anyway in the dream, the situation is that they live near the top of our driveway and have their own driveway from the main road ( in reality we had a common shared driveway, then a split). So we are coming home from somewhere and a car pulls from thier driveway right into the road and blocks us. We just sit and wait for them to move thier dumbasses, which they do, BUT then they follow us down our driveway. I knew this was not good, and in fact it was downright scary. I cursed MD's carry laws first, then was ready to bail from our car to my taxidermy building where I keep my guns, hoping I could be fast enough. I had no time at all and they were already out of their car and started asking my dad a weird question " is my watchfixed yet? wheres my watch?", but in a belligerant tone. I was trying to figure out getting past them to go to my building when I woke up. I was in a sweat and having an adrenaline thing going! I was also so glad to have my XD40 close to me and the dogs out in the hallway.

I still have another real winner of a neighbor, but he doesn't bother us anymore, even after the incident where our dogs attacked his wife's dog one day. All the dogs had played with eachother for years, then this one day our 4 just turned on the other dog. Since then we have extra fencing and gates to cordon off about 1/4 of the property, plus a large dog yard behind the house. The fact he doesn't bother us anymore may be that his wife is actually a nice lady and maybe she controls him LOL- not to mention that this guy has to have heard the several target shooting sessions back at our place. He is a big coward, they all are.

LEO 229

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:

I'm actually working on that. I'm trying to get a top level hot, sexy, female dreamland attorney on retainer for such instances. Even if she can't get me out of jail in the dream, that sure will make the attorney/client interview a helluva lot better!:celebrate
Hopefully it will not be a court appointed one.. :lol:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:

Hopefully it will not be a court appointed one.. :lol:
Not a problem -- I always make sure to dream that I have more money than I do in real life :cool: