• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Olathe

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well I went to Target then to go get food I didnt have any problems I had one guy ask me what KIND I was carrying, very few people noticed. I went to Ruby Tuesdays they looked at me out the window when I was comming in ( sat out front to finish a smoke then removed the side arm secured it in my car (I dont like taking it to a restaurant like that) but no problems YET im waiting to have my run in with a LEO

I carry a S&W 411 its noticeable

patriot.gif

Questions, Comments, and insults welcome
lol.gif

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ok I go out on Urban Hikes, good way to stay in shape. I carry a S&W 411 pistol, its legal to do here. So I was out and I have been waiting to get stopped by the police for some time to see how much I could push it.

Ok I'll tell you about me Im 24 and clean cut, I am not partaking in the system I have stopped using a SSN and do not hold a DL or any contracts. I believe I have the right to live my life with out having to ask for everything and kept my privacy.

Ok so I got stopped 2 cop cars 2 cops a lady and a guy both really cool. I got to admit the lady had that attitude that made her hot. But the guy asked me to keep my hands up as I did from the get go. I told him he can take it out if it would make him feel better and the lady I told her there is a pocket knife on my other side.
They asked me a alot of questions trying to get me for something, I had nothing to hide and i told them why I dont have a DL or ID I gave them my name the day i was created and the appartments and what number I live in not a address. They were convinced I wasn't mentally stable I told him thats your opinion and you have that right to it. Then he targeted my ruck sack he wanted to search it, I told him NO he said "i just want to look in it to make sure there isnt any more weapons" lol i love that.NO so he asked me what I had in it, I said "its a Bug-out-bag its got camping and suvival gear and 6 full AR-15 Mags and toilet paper" LOL I though his eyes were gonna pop out. hey he asked, I didnt have to tell him and he still didnt get any probible cause to search, he said "I could seach it and you would be on your way, but if I cant I got to call my sarg" me "Call him". So he changed the subject and started to tell me if I talk to this counselor they have on speed dial for 5 min and he give me the OK I can go LOL NO I didnt do anything wrong

They ask why I carried it "same as you" I carry it because there is a treat of getting jumped by bums or dogs, he responded with "call us" I laughed and said yea Ill do that as im getting the crap beat out of me, I looked over at the lady and she had that "yea I understand that" look

I told them I am not anti-gov I want a smalled Gov and he ask "do you feel like you can make a difference?" he was trying to turn me in to a terrorist just by the way he asked it I said NO I just want to be left alone I cant stop it its to late.

at the end 45+ min after the stop they were saying they were gonna call the sarg down to see what he wants to do.......

They gave me my pistol and knife and be careful LOL

they tryed to scare me out of carrying it by saying I will be stopped all the time I said thats fine your doing your job,

I had email the cheif of police about a month ago telling him I was carrying, knew about me when they stopped me she said we got the email you sent out I was Like SWEET.

They told me they are trying to find a way to charge anyone that OC with a crime, I thought to myself Disturbing the Peace is a popular one lol.

They were very nice to put up with me and very professional i give them props

I did note to them that I am more worried about there tasers then there guns, because there like canned fun for some cops.

all and all I learned alot and will be easier next time

Questions Comments welcome

captainamerica

imported post

45+ minutes of questioning, etc. That's stupid. They get a "concerned citizen" call but no criminal or threatening behavior to go with it so they go on and on and on until the whole thing is a wash. Then they let you go. What a bunch of bologna. When I drive a vehicle should I expect to be pulled over and questioned about potential vehicular manslaughter, even though there has been no crime or even threatening behavior? The same could be said about numerous legal activities that could turn otherwise; with the key word in there "could" not "did".

This makes me very angry! :cuss: