• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Arms Collector show

Trigger Dr

imported post

CC27 wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
Nope. They refuse to respect my right to carry, I choose not to participate in their show.
+1

So their rights end when they conflict with yours? How about your rights ending when they conflict with the rights of someone else?

Go Ahead, give me all the flack you want. Won't change my opinion ,just like I won't change yours.

Jim

Bear 45/70

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
CC27 wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
Nope. They refuse to respect my right to carry, I choose not to participate in their show.
+1

So their rights end when they conflict with yours? How about your rights ending when they conflict with the rights of someone else?

Go Ahead, give me all the flack you want. Won't change my opinion ,just like I won't change yours.

Jim
It's WACs two faced attitude on this subject that's the the problem. Not their right. They claim to be pro-gun and then restrict their members from carrying. They are not pro-gun with that attitude and you are as big a part of the problem as they are with your attitude.

Mainsail

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
CC27 wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
+1

Jim

AGAIN:

The WAC shows do not allow me to carry my firearm because of what someone else might do. Apparently there are fools out there that do not know how to properly handle a firearm and thus are a danger to themselves and others. I choose not to participate because I think there is something morally wrong with selling a deadly weapon to a group of people who you believe, and admit, are too incompetent to safely own them.

If I were selling you a gun from my private collection and you showed up drunk or were displaying characteristics of a person of diminished mental capacity, I would refuse to sell my gun to you. If WAC feels that some of their members are lacking enough intelligence to safely carry/handle/use the very product they intend to supply to them, they are demonstrating a shortsighted hypocrisy that is detrimental to future firearms owners.

Wrong is wrong.

Preston1911

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
CC27 wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
+1

Jim
Jim,

I am with you./ I've been going to WAC shows for 20plus years. I go to every show, and spend money. In addition to saving tons of money on stuff, I have a great time meeting and talking with some of the most decorated law enforcement and military servicemen I have ever met. I am very very proud to be a WAC member.

Good day Jim,

thank you for your sevice.

Preston

Trigger Dr

imported post

Thanks Preston.

I like to think of this in the light that EVERYONE at the show is an unknown quantity as far as safety is concerned. It is far too easy to get caught up in the moment while talking about firearms and the pride one has in a personal sidearm.

If I were hosting a get together in my residence with all the neighborhood invited, I would be suspect about most carrying a gun, as I may be acquainted with them, but that does not mean that I "know"them. Therefore, I would request that all come unarmed, and I would dis arm as well.

In the end it comes down to what you are comfortable in doing.

All in all this thread has been beaten far too much, by persons on both sides of the fence. Let's agree to disagree and let it go.

Jim

Mainsail

imported post

I don’t even know what that means. WAC is an organization; it doesn’t have ‘rights’, only policy and bylaws.

I like to think of this in the light that EVERYONE at the show is an unknown quantity as far as safety is concerned. It is far too easy to get caught up in the moment while talking about firearms and the pride one has in a personal sidearm.

That’s not only ironic, but also just happens to be the current policy of New York City, Washington DC, and Chicago. Would WAC feel even more comfortable if everyone in Washington were disarmed?

Please don’t get the impression that I have any issue with the people who are members of WAC, I do not. I have huge issues with the policies and believe them to be detrimental to the cause. If a firearms advocacy group doesn’t trust the public with arms, what does that say to the lawmakers?

Yes, we’ll have to agree to disagree.

CC27

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
If I were hosting a get together in my residence with all the neighborhood invited, I would be suspect about most carrying a gun, as I may be acquainted with them, but that does not mean that I "know"them. Therefore, I would request that all come unarmed, and I would dis arm as well.

Then why would you get upset about Home Depot's Firearm policy?

Posted: Tue Nov 13th, 2007 09:52 pm by Trigger Dr
"The husband of one of my co-workers is employed at the Silverdale Home Depot. Today he told me that the managers (he is not a manager) had a long hard discussion about OC and the wil NOT allow any open carried firearm in their store. Anyone OCing will be ushered out without warning.

"Just thought you would like to know.

Now, how about going to home depot with a shopping list about $14,000 worth and when they "usher you out" you present them with your proposed list of purchase?

Jim"

Trigger Dr

imported post

I am not upset with home depot nor am I upset with WAC onor am I upset with any of the posters on this forum. I may not agree with them, but I will respect their "police" by not following their "guide lines"

Jim

coyote 30

imported post

It's not their lame rules that keep me away, it is the prices. I have attended a couple of their shows and people are trying to sell guns that are used for full, new, retail prices. A used Glock for $500 is a joke, but I guess if some poor sucker comes along that doesn't have a clue and hasn't done any homework then he is going to get taken.

I guess it's true their is one born every minute.

amlevin

imported post

coyote wrote:
It's not their lame rules that keep me away, it is the prices. I have attended a couple of their shows and people are trying to sell guns that are used for full, new, retail prices. A used Glock for $500 is a joke, but I guess if some poor sucker comes along that doesn't have a clue and hasn't done any homework then he is going to get taken.

I guess it's true their is one born every minute.

And then again, some prices are good. .224 bullets for $30/thousand less than a major manufacturer charges (montana gold and winchester). Also a good place to find parts for "War Rifles".

rickomatic

imported post

"Especially since finding "deals" at the shows just doesn't happen anymore."

I picked up a stripped AR lower for $99 at the WAC this past Saturday. I consider that a pretty good deal. Not earth shattering....but a good deal nonetheless.

Trigger Dr

imported post

At the last show, I bought a 404 Jeffery built by Jeffery in 1905 for $500.00 sp0old it 5 days later for $850.00 I would call that a good deal. This is a regular occurance for me at these shows. Might be because I am a table holder and know most of the other table holders. BUT I DO NOT do business with any of the FFL dealers at the show.

Then again, It might be due to knowing the business of negotiation.

im

Trigger Dr

imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
You can add Wal-mart to the list of places that do not allow OC.
OH REALLY...Tell us about it then contact Jason Schmit at Wal Mart Corp security office. 253770 4399

just_a_car

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
dlnwoody wrote:
OH REALLY...Tell us about it then contact Jason Schmit at Wal Mart Corp security office. 253770 4399
Yup, we've confirmed that's false. I've OC'd at the 24hr one in Everett on 164th off of I-5 with absolutely no issue. Actually, I had an hour-long discussion with an employee that helped me buy a set of headphones and educated him on the legalities of OC. He politely said something to the effect of "Sorry, but I couldn't help but notice..." and indicated my sidearm; that's how the discussion started and he was actually interested.

ScorpioMk

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
dlnwoody wrote:
Yup, we've confirmed that's false. I've OC'd at the 24hr one in Everett on 164th off of I-5 with absolutely no issue. Actually, I had an hour-long discussion with an employee that helped me buy a set of headphones and educated him on the legalities of OC. He politely said something to the effect of "Sorry, but I couldn't help but notice..." and indicated my sidearm; that's how the discussion started and he was actually interested.

Thats lynnwood/millcreek on 164th, I would call the one on 99 and airport-ish way the everett walmart. I live half a mile from the 164th walmart but havent OC'd there yet. Good to know someone else has already done it, I've only been really OC'ing all the time the last week or so, the places around walmart have been fine with nothing but good conversations with anyone thats asked. (handed out 3-4 pamphlets)

Marcus