• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Arms Collector show

ScorpioMk

imported post

Rules of the Road

1. There will be no loaded firearms, magazines, or speedloaders in the building, either on the tables or on one’s person, with the exception of law enforcement and private security officers under contract with WAC.

Just wondering if anyone else was going, im not gonna be able to make the Vancouver meet but im planning on 'buying a ticket to the gun show' :Dinstead.

Marcus

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Enough rules there to choke a horse.
[sub]Any member whose attempted purchase of a firearm at a gathering of members is denied by NICS is immediately suspended and must surrender his or her badge forthwith.
[/sub]
All I can think of is that scene from "Blazing Saddles", "Badges, we don't need no stinking badges.....

Mainsail

imported post

Before the attacks begin:

I really don’t have time today to write a long eloquent piece on why I feel so insulted by a firearms show that bans my firearm, but I’ll touch on this one.

The WAC shows do not allow me to carry my firearm because of what someone else might do. Apparently there are fools out there that do not know how to properly handle a firearm and thus are a danger to themselves and others. I choose not to participate because I think there is something morally wrong with selling a deadly weapon to a group of people who you believe, and admit, are too incompetent to safely own them.

If I were selling you a gun from my private collection and you showed up drunk or were displaying characteristics of a person of diminished mental capacity, I would refuse to sell my gun to you. If WAC feels that some of their members are lacking enough intelligence to safely carry/handle/use the very product they intend to supply to them, they are demonstrating a shortsighted hypocrisy that is detrimental to future firearms owners.

Wrong is wrong.

amlevin

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
[suB]Any member whose attempted purchase of a firearm at a gathering of members is denied by NICS is immediately suspended and must surrender his or her badge forthwith.
[/suB]
All I can think of is that scene from "Blazing Saddles", "Badges, we don't need no stinking badges.....

I agree with your assessment of the quantity of rules but your quote source is incorrect. It was from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

BTW, if the transfer is denied, and it because the attempted purchaser is a felon or ineligible to own a firearm why shouldn't an association of Gun Owner/Collector's be allowed to cancel the membership?

Bear 45/70

imported post

amlevin wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
[suB]Any member whose attempted purchase of a firearm at a gathering of members is denied by NICS is immediately suspended and must surrender his or her badge forthwith.
[/suB]

I agree with your assessment of the quantity of rules but your quote source is incorrect. It was from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

BTW, if the transfer is denied, and it because the attempted purchaser is a felon or ineligible to own a firearm why shouldn't an association of Gun Owner/Collector's be allowed to cancel the membership?
That's not what it says. It says if you are denied you are gone, regardless of the reason. It could be for anything and not crime related. WAC won't even discuss their two faced rules.

just_a_car

imported post

Bear hit it on the head. I have a good friend that's also a responsible gun owner that I was with at Big 5 as he was going to purchase an Mosin Nagant m44 on sale there. He was denied.

Not because he was a felon. (which he's not)

Not because he had a Domestic Violence conviction. (which he doesn't)

Not because he was a drug addict. (which he's not)

Not even because he wrote anything wrong or flase on the application. (which he didn't)

He was denied because he wrote his current address as the apartment he's now in, which is in the same complex, but a different apartment number, as the one on his driver's license. Because they didn't match, they denied him. The Big 5 clerk told him he had to get his license renewed with the new address to purchase the firearm.

If he had tried that at a WAC show, he would have his membership suspended... is that right and/or fair?...

joeroket

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
amlevin wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
[/suB]

That's not what it says. It says if you are denied you are gone, regardless of the reason. It could be for anything and not crime related. WAC won't even discuss their two faced rules.

It does not say that at all. It says that the membership shall be suspended and that the suspension shall terminate upon the reversal of the NICS denial.

Doesn't seem to be a two faced rule to me. You have the oppurtunity to reverse the suspension. Besides that it is not WAC's fault that NICS has issued a denial.

Bear 45/70

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
amlevin wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
[/suB]

It does not say that at all. It says that the membership shall be suspended and that the suspension shall terminate upon the reversal of the NICS denial.

Doesn't seem to be a two faced rule to me. You have the oppurtunity to reverse the suspension. Besides that it is not WAC's fault that NICS has issued a denial.
The problem is you are guilty inWAC's eyes without any due process or even a hearing and NICS isn't perfect, not even close.WACis as two faced as the government.WAC sucks and even when wrong will not apologize, I know from two episodes with them.

joeroket

imported post

But aren't you guilty in the eyes of a dealer if you get a NICS denial? I think the reason they suspend you is because they only sell to card carrying members. If you get denied they remove the ability for you to purchase from a seller that does not do a NICS check until they know you are OK to purchase. I really see no difference. I am not saying that WAC may not go overboard but I would imagine they do all they can to ensure sales of firearms are to only people that are legal to own them.

Dave_pro2a

imported post

I understand the no loaded guns rule. Could be a insurance issue, could also be akin to a 'cold range' rule. Regardless, I have no issue with that rule.

I despise the fact that a non-member cannot go to a show and purchase a firearm. It's a WASTE OF A SPACE gun show. We might as well not have any gun shows in the state, if that's the kind of rule that they need to be 'acceptable.'

So imho WAC sucks as a gun show. They may do some good politically, but as a gun show they suck ass.

amlevin

imported post

It would appear to me that they are merely trying to keep firearms out of the hands of those that are ineligible to possess them. Of course we could take the tack that nobody should question any sale of a firearm, regardless of the party's background (or the inability to determine it), is wrong. Then we merely give the Anti's more ammunition when it comes to passing more regulations.

If one does not like WAC, and their regulations, don't join. I don't like the rules and regulations of several clubs out there. Consequently I don't belong to them. I don't deny them the right to have those rules though.

just_a_car

imported post

Dave_pro2a, I do know they put out the political edition of the Gun News newsletter, but I didn't see any representative from them at either of the Senate Higher Education Committee meetings that we went to. The NRA, Hunters Association, and CCRKBA all showed to both and testified. I was highly disappointed and is making me question whether or not I should renew my membership that lapsed at the end of the year. Especially since finding "deals" at the shows just doesn't happen anymore. Any deals to be had are either at Big 5 for Mosins or online.

joeroket

imported post

amlevin wrote:
It would appear to me that they are merely trying to keep firearms out of the hands of those that are ineligible to possess them. Of course we could take the tack that nobody should question any sale of a firearm, regardless of the party's background (or the inability to determine it), is wrong. Then we merely give the Anti's more ammunition when it comes to passing more regulations.

If one does not like WAC, and their regulations, don't join. I don't like the rules and regulations of several clubs out there. Consequently I don't belong to them. I don't deny them the right to have those rules though.
+1

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

amlevin wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
[sub]Any member whose attempted purchase of a firearm at a gathering of members is denied by NICS is immediately suspended and must surrender his or her badge forthwith.
[/sub]

It was also a scene in Blazing Saddles.

Dave_pro2a

imported post

amlevin wrote:

Yes, they come across as very "anti-gun show loop-hole," which is absolute BS.

With pro-gunners like them... who needs anti-gunners.

They care about ther membership sales, that's it.

Dave_pro2a

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Dave_pro2a, I do know they put out the political edition of the Gun News newsletter, but I didn't see any representative from them at either of the Senate Higher Education Committee meetings that we went to. The NRA, Hunters Association, and CCRKBA all showed to both and testified. I was highly disappointed and is making me question whether or not I should renew my membership that lapsed at the end of the year.
Thanks for the info.

I had heard rumors that they were at least a little active in Olympia, but sounds like they aren't ... or at least they are probably ONLY active about proposed legislation that effects gun shows.

That's the only time I have heard of them in the news in conjunction with Olympia: when they have an ant-gun show law coming up. Self serving.

BIll98501

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
amlevin wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
[/suB]

It was also a scene in Blazing Saddles.

No, it was from that wierd al movie "UHF", and it was "Badgers, badgers!? We dont need no stinkin badgers!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKIAn2UlAX4

:p