Thread: New OC'er, New Experience

Post imported post

New to open carry. Been reading the law and the information provided by links in posts. Good stuff and love it. I just OC'ed on Thursday in Beavercreek, OH. Went to the Waffle House near Meijers on Colonel Glenn HW. No one noticed except two old guys who looked at me and my friend (who was not OCing) and then went back to their coffee. Not even the waitress noticed. Then I proceeded to the Fairfield mail where I passed two security personell. They looked at me and went on walking without a word. No one else seemed to care and it felt like I had freedom the way it should be for the whole country. I packed my XD-9 subcompact given to me by my father. I have learned alot and want to go further with OCing. Thanks to you guys.

Post imported post

New myself but welcome!

Post imported post

Welcome to both of you. I've OC'd in my area and no one said anything or noticed. It does feel good to have the freedom we expect in the 2nd. Karma, what's your location

Post imported post

Karma wrote:
    New to open carry. Been reading the law and the information provided by links in posts. Good stuff and love it. I just OC'ed on Thursday in Beavercreek, OH. Went to the Waffle House near Meijers on Colonel Glenn HW. No one noticed except two old guys who looked at me and my friend (who was not OCing) and then went back to their coffee. Not even the waitress noticed. Then I proceeded to the Fairfield mail where I passed two security personell. They looked at me and went on walking without a word. No one else seemed to care and it felt like I had freedom the way it should be for the whole country. I packed my XD-9 subcompact given to me by my father. I have learned alot and want to go further with OCing. Thanks to you guys.
    Congrats!! Keep moving on with it. I read this somewhere so I won't take credit for it: "a right not exercised is a right lost."
    You want to go further with O/C'ing - you might look into carrying long-guns. Think of walking into that Mall with a 12gauge on your back?! Hmmm... just a though. As I understand it, there is no clause about O/C'ing long guns.

Post imported post

Bersa. I live in Dayton. I hear alot of shootings from time to time down here. Thats what you expect if you want to live near the east end. :shock: We have two retired police officers and one active one that lives around my area. Talked to them from time to time.

Post imported post

The Fairfield mall huh? Great job! I grew up in Beavercreek. I visit every few months or so. I still haven't OCed at a mall. I did at Kroger one time. i am very surprised security didn't say anything. you must have been carrying yourself very well. Your idea about the feeling of freedom when open carrying is why I encourage everyone to try it once before they put it down.

Post imported post

You are really lucky, Chapel Hill Mall (Akron, OH) is going to $hit and they STILL don't allow you to carry in there. Signs are posted on every door into that place. Bummer...

Except there are no signs going into Sears and then no signs from Sears into the mall... A way around the law? I think I'll start a thread.

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO! I'm glad your first time OCing went well. Our numbers here in Ohio are slowly starting to grow.