Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Exclusive! The FBI Deputizes Business. The Progressive.com

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    http://www.progressive.org/mag_rothschild0308 [Excerpt]

    Today, more than 23,000 representatives of private industry are working quietly with the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security. The members of this rapidly growing group, called InfraGard, receive secret warnings of terrorist threats before the public does—and, at least on one occasion, before elected officials. In return, they provide information to the government, which alarms the ACLU. But there may be more to it than that. One business executive, who showed me his InfraGard card, told me they have permission to “shoot to kill” in the event of martial law. InfraGard is “a child of the FBI,” says Michael Hershman, the chairman of the advisory board of the InfraGard National Members Alliance and CEO of the Fairfax Group, an international consulting firm.
    Follow the link for the full, loong article.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InfraGard

    http://www.infragard.net/

    http://www.infragardmembers.org/

    We need a membership list with which to correlate our various anti-gun boycott lists. Wouldn't it be something to find a significant correlation!

    Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******


  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    Dear Tin Foil Hat Wearers,

    This is an official InfraGard notification.

    You may take off, or at least loosen, your tin foil hats. There is nothing to fear. Not even fear itself. We have taken over all fearing for you.

    Seriously, this is a bunch of supposedly civic-minded folks who funnel (or is that shovel) all sorts of raw information to the FBI in return for getting a pretty laminated card and the opportunity to meet for lunch every month. Oh, yeah! They get a newsletter, too. Sorry about that Congress, your copy must have been delayed - talk to Al Gore (inventor of the Internet) about the problem, K?

    If we wanted to be "OpenCarryGard" we could ask DHS to make up some lainated cards for us, too. Then we could all call in and report the JBT's who are trying to bring down the Republic from within, and maybe even unexpired parking meters that did not get ticketed.

    InfraGard is the pick-and-shovel end of data mining, which supplies the raw data on a voluntary basis. They do not get paid for snitching.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hampton, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    428

    Post imported post

    Why not just submit an application? If you really want to know what's going on, get your information directly from the source. Then report to the rest of us from the inside.

    I already filled out my online application, and I only heard of this today.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hampton, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    428

    Post imported post


  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    387

    Post imported post

    For future reference you are no longer required to question the motives in front, behind, or on either side of any government idea or program directly; merely submit your requests or concerns to skidmark. At that time you will be assured that there is nothing to see here and everything is all right. If such a response does not meet your level of acceptance it is suggested that you attempt to adjust the fit of your chosen headwear and reapply the aforementioned response. Additional questioning of the governing authorities will only result in the reaffirmation of the stated response.
    We thank you for your concern
    Kind regards,
    The Management

    Now on a serious note glocknroll's response is the most logical and correct. Public-Private partnerships never sit well with everybody; there is always a critic. I feel that questioning authority is always a good thing considering their track record. As glocknroll mentioned...join and see for your self then let the truth be known.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...tionid=3510203

    Note the source.


    According to a February 7 article published in the Progressive magazine, these businessmen impart vital information to the FBI in return for secret intelligence about 'terrorist threats' prior to informing the public and perhaps even government officials.

    "One business owner in the United States tells me that InfraGard members are being advised on how to prepare for a martial law situation-and what their role might be," author Matthew Rothschild quoted a whistleblower as saying.

    "Then they said when-not if-martial law is declared, it was our responsibility to protect our portion of the infrastructure, and if we had to use deadly force to protect it, we couldn't be prosecuted," the informant claimed.

    The report added that a business executive who had an InfraGard card said the organization's activities have foreseen granting permission to 'shoot to kill'.

    By 'infrastructure' he was referring to such sectors as agriculture, defense, energy, food, information, telecommunications, law enforcement, public health, transportation, the banking and finance sectors as well as the chemical industry in which InfraGard members are believed to be most active.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    You know, I always wonder about stuff like this. If we are to take seriously the notion that martial law is inevitable and that the government, or forces within it, are on the verge of a violent takeover of the country, resulting in detention camps and the like, you have to ask yourself the question: what's the point of talking about it on the internet?What's the point of fighting for your rights through activism when it's all going to be rendered null and void at the point of a bayonette? And why bother buying evil black rifles and such when they're just going to make you a target? Why not just keep a low profile, join the nearest Infraguard chapter and plan to ride it out on the winning side?

    This stuff scares me as much as the next guy, but beofre getting carried away how about taking a step back and thinking about it. Don't you think guys like Alex Jones and the spook brigade would've been rounded up and disappeared a long time ago if half this stuff were true?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,487

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    You know, I always wonder about stuff like this. If we are to take seriously the notion that martial law is inevitable and that the government, or forces within it, are on the verge of a violent takeover of the country, resulting in detention camps and the like, you have to ask yourself the question: what's the point of talking about it on the internet?What's the point of fighting for your rights through activism when it's all going to be rendered null and void at the point of a bayonette? And why bother buying evil black rifles and such when they're just going to make you a target? Why not just keep a low profile, join the nearest Infraguard chapter and plan to ride it out on the winning side?
    Because it's my duty as an American citizen to be on the other side, rifle in hand.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,761

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    You know, I always wonder about stuff like this. If we are to take seriously the notion that martial law is inevitable and that the government, or forces within it, are on the verge of a violent takeover of the country, resulting in detention camps and the like, you have to ask yourself the question: what's the point of talking about it on the internet?What's the point of fighting for your rights through activism when it's all going to be rendered null and void at the point of a bayonette? And why bother buying evil black rifles and such when they're just going to make you a target? Why not just keep a low profile, join the nearest Infraguard chapter and plan to ride it out on the winning side?

    This stuff scares me as much as the next guy, but beofre getting carried away how about taking a step back and thinking about it. Don't you think guys like Alex Jones and the spook brigade would've been rounded up and disappeared a long time ago if half this stuff were true?
    I really need to find that executive order I was talking about on the other thread...I'll post it when I find it, give the pres the power to do just what your talking about.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pahrump, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    261

    Post imported post

    expvideo wrote:
    Because it's my duty as an American citizen to be on the other side, rifle in hand.
    I can not agree with you more, expvideo.

    I truly hope it never comes to this, for us or our progeny.. but this is our Primary Duty indeed, not only as American citizens, imho, but also simply as human beings.. (read as opposed to sheep)



    Erus

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hampton, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    428

    Post imported post

    expvideo wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote: Because it's my duty as an American citizen to be on the other side, rifle in hand.
    I hope everyone understands that when I mentioned joining that I intended itmore in the vein of infiltration than actually condoning anything this group might do. Of course with that statement, I just blew my chances of being able to work from the inside. Ya'll don't really believe that we are anonymous, do you?

    Now I have to go out and recruit someone to do the dirty work (lol).

  12. #12
    Regular Member Johnny Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Puget Sound, ,
    Posts
    462

    Post imported post

    expvideo wrote:
    Because it's my duty as an American citizen to be on the other side, rifle in hand.
    Let me explain who the "other side" is. It is terrorists, abroad and homegrown.
    There is a much bigger threat than most people know about.

    Law Enforcement has been receiving the FBI's bulletins for years now. I've read every single one of them, and frankly some of it is pretty alarming. There are instructions on each sheet that the info is not to be disseminated to anyone besides L.E.

    They contain local, national, and international news and information from covert informants. A lot of this stuff would scare the crap out of the general public. Some of it is very general, and some is precisely specific. The fact is that the FBI does not want to start a panic amongst the citizens of this country. I guess you could call it a need to know basis.

    L.E. is considered the first line of defense against terrorist activity in the USA. There have been many things that street Officers have already thwarted, and the FBI feels that it will be street Cops that have the most chance of encountering/shutting down terrorist activity.

    If you think that the war on terror is a made up fantasy, I can assure you that it is quite real. Be glad you don't know what I know!
    If you have to fight, do not fear death. We will all die one day, so fight skillfully and bravely! And if it is to be that you die, then at least go to God proudly. Meet him as the proud warrior that you are, and not as a sniveling coward. Nobody lives forever.

  13. #13
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA, ,
    Posts
    3,201

    Post imported post

    JL,
    You'll forgive me here, but this sounds more than a bit "braggish"... I am sure that the average cop on the street is a primary line of defense, but I'll also bet that not every cop is willing to keep what he/she is told secret. Not all cops are perfect people. For that matter the way you are presenting this information is pretty baseless, much like global warming claims, lots of hype not a lot of evidence...

    At any rate I'm sure there is info you get that isn't to be disseminated, and some of it is of unnerving proportions, but it would be nice to see that info shared with the great unwashed masses after it's importance had passed. In fact I would likely demand that sort of info...

    Makes me wonder what kind of FBI reports were circulating around Oly before/during/after the dyslexic war protests as troops came home and unloaded equipment...

  14. #14
    Regular Member Johnny Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Puget Sound, ,
    Posts
    462

    Post imported post

    sv_libertarian wrote:
    JL,
    You'll forgive me here, but this sounds more than a bit "braggish"... I am sure that the average cop on the street is a primary line of defense, but I'll also bet that not every cop is willing to keep what he/she is told secret. Not all cops are perfect people. For that matter the way you are presenting this information is pretty baseless, much like global warming claims, lots of hype not a lot of evidence...

    At any rate I'm sure there is info you get that isn't to be disseminated, and some of it is of unnerving proportions, but it would be nice to see that info shared with the great unwashed masses after it's importance had passed. In fact I would likely demand that sort of info...

    Makes me wonder what kind of FBI reports were circulating around Oly before/during/after the dyslexic war protests as troops came home and unloaded equipment...
    I understand what you're saying, but I am not the one who can make that call. Before 911 the FBI didn't share a damn thing. I am not going to be the one who spills confidential info and gets the FBI breathing down my neck.

    Yes, info on the protests in Oly were in several. As I said, it is local, national, and international issues.
    If you have to fight, do not fear death. We will all die one day, so fight skillfully and bravely! And if it is to be that you die, then at least go to God proudly. Meet him as the proud warrior that you are, and not as a sniveling coward. Nobody lives forever.

  15. #15
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA, ,
    Posts
    3,201

    Post imported post

    Oh I know you can't make the call. Just skimming the post it seemed more hostile than it really was. Almost a "I know something you don't" although I know you didn't intend it that way. I'm tired and grumpy. Sorry.

    At least the feebs are sharing info with you guys now. Now if we could just get them to share with the rest of us....

  16. #16
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , Alabama, USA
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    You know, I always wonder about stuff like this. If we are to take seriously the notion that martial law is inevitable and that the government, or forces within it, are on the verge of a violent takeover of the country, resulting in detention camps and the like, you have to ask yourself the question: what's the point of talking about it on the internet?What's the point of fighting for your rights through activism when it's all going to be rendered null and void at the point of a bayonette? And why bother buying evil black rifles and such when they're just going to make you a target? Why not just keep a low profile, join the nearest Infraguard chapter and plan to ride it out on the winning side?

    This stuff scares me as much as the next guy, but beofre getting carried away how about taking a step back and thinking about it. Don't you think guys like Alex Jones and the spook brigade would've been rounded up and disappeared a long time ago if half this stuff were true?
    Wouldn't a move like that "warn" everyone that something was up?

    Bush moves towards Martial Law... http://www.rinf.com/columnists/news/...rd-martial-law
    Not familiar with this site....but, contained info on signed laws etc. check out

    Watch this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl1VI...eature=related ...note the Executive Orders/Laws, and check it out for yourself....Martial Law could be a reality with "the stroke of a pen"

    FEMA and REX 84... http://uweb.txstate.edu/~lf14/conspire/rex84.html

    Operation Garden Plot... http://www.uhuh.com/control/list-gar.htm

    "Geocities" site with Camp locations and Executive Order info etc.... http://www.geocities.com/northstarzone/CAMPS.html


    Think detention camps are a myth?....Google "Rex 84"..."Operation Garden Plot" and "Operation Cable Splicer" ....see for yourself....




  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,487

    Post imported post

    Johnny Law wrote:
    expvideo wrote:
    Because it's my duty as an American citizen to be on the other side, rifle in hand.
    Let me explain who the "other side" is. It is terrorists, abroad and homegrown.
    There is a much bigger threat than most people know about.

    Law Enforcement has been receiving the FBI's bulletins for years now. I've read every single one of them, and frankly some of it is pretty alarming. There are instructions on each sheet that the info is not to be disseminated to anyone besides L.E.

    They contain local, national, and international news and information from covert informants. A lot of this stuff would scare the crap out of the general public. Some of it is very general, and some is precisely specific. The fact is that the FBI does not want to start a panic amongst the citizens of this country. I guess you could call it a need to know basis.

    L.E. is considered the first line of defense against terrorist activity in the USA. There have been many things that street Officers have already thwarted, and the FBI feels that it will be street Cops that have the most chance of encountering/shutting down terrorist activity.

    If you think that the war on terror is a made up fantasy, I can assure you that it is quite real. Be glad you don't know what I know!
    So do you have season 6 of 24 on DVD yet? Sorry, buddy, but I'm not just handing over my rights in the name of "the war on terror". You want my rights, you're gonna have to come and get them.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    expvideo wrote:
    Johnny Law wrote:
    expvideo wrote:
    Because it's my duty as an American citizen to be on the other side, rifle in hand.
    Let me explain who the "other side" is. It is terrorists, abroad and homegrown.
    There is a much bigger threat than most people know about.

    Law Enforcement has been receiving the FBI's bulletins for years now. I've read every single one of them, and frankly some of it is pretty alarming. There are instructions on each sheet that the info is not to be disseminated to anyone besides L.E.

    They contain local, national, and international news and information from covert informants. A lot of this stuff would scare the crap out of the general public. Some of it is very general, and some is precisely specific. The fact is that the FBI does not want to start a panic amongst the citizens of this country. I guess you could call it a need to know basis.

    L.E. is considered the first line of defense against terrorist activity in the USA. There have been many things that street Officers have already thwarted, and the FBI feels that it will be street Cops that have the most chance of encountering/shutting down terrorist activity.

    If you think that the war on terror is a made up fantasy, I can assure you that it is quite real. Be glad you don't know what I know!
    So do you have season 6 of 24 on DVD yet? Sorry, buddy, but I'm not just handing over my rights in the name of "the war on terror". You want my rights, you're gonna have to come and get them.
    I was thinking the same thing. Some of these police-state types watch Jack Baur like its porn.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hampton, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    428

    Post imported post





    Be glad you don't know what I know!
    Sorry, I'm not glad. This sounds entirely too much like the nanny state to me. I understand perfectly "need to know", I have to deal with it in my work as well.

    The idea that we have to be protected from ourselves, that there will be a panic in the streets, just bugs the hell out of me. How are we to be free if the gov't withholds vital information from the citizens? I understand that certain information must be withheld so as to not jeopardize ongoing operations or endanger informants/undercover operatives, but the idea that the general public is too dimwitted to face the true threat to this country is just insulting. Most people don't take the threat seriously simply because so much information is kept from them. Inform, advise, and let the public make decisions based on the facts.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    Johnny Law wrote:
    Be glad you don't know what I know!
    Argument from secret knowledge is a logical fallacy. Your argument holds no water whatsoever, since you won't provide any evidence to support it.

    In addition, if you have a security clearance and access toclassified information, bragging about it on the internet to score cool points is a security violation. So if you're not just making stuff up to impress us maybe you should be a little more responsible and avoid discussing it in public.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    Johnny Law wrote:
    Be glad you don't know what I know!
    Argument from secret knowledge is a logical fallacy. Your argument holds no water whatsoever, since you won't provide any evidence to support it.

    In addition, if you have a security clearance and access toclassified information, bragging about it on the internet to score cool points is a security violation. So if you're not just making stuff up to impress us maybe you should be a little more responsible and avoid discussing it in public.
    I enjoyed trying to incorporate the logical fallacy of 'secret knowledge' into my understanding of such and would appreciate a 'compare and contrast' with perhaps better known fallacies.

    I would suggest that this poster is suffering from the same logical fallacy as the 'LEO', arguing from authority ( argumentum ad verecundiam )as a claimed government agent without recognizing that the 'implicit opposite' is a personal attack (argumentum ad hominem). "I'm a cop that knows special things that a mere citizen cannot know."

    I further accuse of every poster using a non-neutral nom-de-'net of engaging the same fallacious logic. Only mere citizens have untainted authority and we all have opinions valuated only by their provenance and exposition. Believe nothing you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your pre-existing world view (this last clause to excuse the invincibly ignorant from damaging their injected self-esteem).

    Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,487

    Post imported post

    I have a thesaurus too.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    You don't need a thesaurus to write what you write.

    You shouldn't need a thesaurus to read what I write.

    We certainly don't need a thesaurus to read what your peers write.

    Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    Doug Huffman wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    Johnny Law wrote:
    Be glad you don't know what I know!
    Argument from secret knowledge is a logical fallacy. Your argument holds no water whatsoever, since you won't provide any evidence to support it.

    In addition, if you have a security clearance and access toclassified information, bragging about it on the internet to score cool points is a security violation. So if you're not just making stuff up to impress us maybe you should be a little more responsible and avoid discussing it in public.
    I enjoyed trying to incorporate the logical fallacy of 'secret knowledge' into my understanding of such and would appreciate a 'compare and contrast' with perhaps better known fallacies.

    I would suggest that this poster is suffering from the same logical fallacy as the 'LEO', arguing from authority ( argumentum ad verecundiam )as a claimed government agent without recognizing that the 'implicit opposite' is a personal attack (argumentum ad hominem). "I'm a cop that knows special things that a mere citizen cannot know."
    I had thought about that, I suppose arguing that you should be believed because you have access to secret knowledge is a form of arguing from authority, since your access makes you "special", but I choose to distinguish between the two for clarity.

    Arguing from authority is what I see when somebody tells me "I've been doing this since..." or "I have more experience than..." or my favorite, "Because I'm in charge and Isaid so!". My favorite example of the secret knowledge fallacy is...off topic so I'll skip it.

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , Illinois, USA
    Posts
    778

    Post imported post

    Law Enforcement has been receiving the FBI's bulletins for years now. I've read every single one of them, and frankly some of it is pretty alarming. There are instructions on each sheet that the info is not to be disseminated to anyone besides L.E.
    I get a kick out of the idea that the general public would panic over what little tidbits the FBI sends out to LE.

    If they want to have public support to actually do something positive, they almost have to release the information so it can be vetted by the public at large. Since it has gone out to so many LE agencies, and many are infiltrated by terrorist sympathizers, its an almost certainty that the terrorists have the bulletins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •