• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My SW99 Rocks! (the P3AT isn't bad, either)

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Went to a shooting match this morning. There was a good combination of rifles and handguns...even a full-auto .45 ACP thingy. It was a lot of fun, and of course, every once in a while someone had a jam, misfead, stovepipe, what have you.

I started thinking back today about how many times my SW99 (primary carry) has failed, whether it be a failure to cycle or failure to fire. I added up all the numbers, and here's what I came up with: 0.

I've been carrying and firing my SW99 for quite some time, and have put countless rounds through it, and it has just simply never not worked. Cheap ammo, expensive ammo, hollow-points, lead, jacketed, whatever.

Anyway I just think the potential failure rate of a handgun is one of the main factors in selecting one for purchase and use, so I thought I would post my wonderful experience here.

Oh, and the Kel-Tec P3AT has had its first failure out of the box after 200 rds. Standard stove-pipe, nothing major. After all the bad experiences I've heard about themfrom other owners, I'm glad mine is doing as well as it is. Compare these experiences to one of the guys that works at the range. His Taurus Millenium Pro ate 300 rounds out of the box w/o a failure. Today he used it during the competition, and on the 16th round the slide seized half-way back. The casing never ejected, but is loose, and the barrel wiggles freely as well. The slide is frozen, absolutely no play at all, half-way back. How would you like that to happen when you need it?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

It's the .40 cal, anti-stress trigger (double action/single action), full sized. I had actually originally been in the market for a 9mm P99, but couldn't find one for the life of me. I finally, and reluctantly, picked up the brand new .40 SW99 for a measly $450. I'm glad I did, though.

I'm continually surprised at the small amount of people that I've run into that even OWN an SW99 or P99, let alone carry one. I spent a lot of time comparing them to the XDs, Glocks, and M&Ps, and the 99's always came out ahead in my opinion.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Looks like a nice pistol from all I have seen. I have yet to see one IRL let alone fire one, but count me in the "interested" category.