Thread: Intresting Game

Post imported post

http://www.2kgames.com/shatteredunion/home.php

When you think about it, it kindof sends chills down your spine.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Wouldn't happen that way.

We've got 50 state governments, many of which would be very pleased to revert to their full sovereignty.

I recently came across a statute in VA defining treason. Interestingly, it says not one word about any other portion of these united States. It only includes actions against VA. Just a little indicator of VA sovereignty.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I agree with that, but it is still an interesting concept.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I guess the gamer-writers are forgetting or never knew how the Republic is organized.

By the way, you might want to clarify what you mean by "interesting concept."

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Looks like a cool game (if you like turned base strategy games). I'd almost buy it just so I could simulate a confederate victory (if you didn't watch long enough , the country is divided into 7 factions, the southeast is the confederacy)!

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Wouldn't happen that way.

We've got 50 state governments, many of which would be very pleased to revert to their full sovereignty.

I recently came across a statute in VA defining treason. Interestingly, it says not one word about any other portion of these united States. It only includes actions against VA. Just a little indicator of VA sovereignty.
    It's the same under Wisconsin law and I doubt that it is anything unique to VA. I would suggestthat it isbecause treason against the United States is covered under federal law, and individualsstatesprohibit treason against individual states under their respective state laws.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

Citizen wrote

Meaning intresting idea as a game, may just dump some ice water on some of the mindless masses & wake them up a little.

Post imported post

I'd buyit just so I could simulate kicking the E.U.'s ass

Post imported post

Zed wrote:
    Citizen wrote

Meaning intresting idea as a game, may just dump some ice water on some of the mindless masses & wake them up a little.
    I doubt it. My feeling is that the sh**ple will think, "Oh no! States can't secede or have rights! We need a central government! And we need to only have one political party so that everyone happy!"

On an entirely unrelated note, I need to pick up a few more cases of 7.62x39...