• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utahn MIGHT be coming to Nevada...

CowboyKen

imported post

Has anyone tested this out yet? I really would like to know if you can open carry in these buildings but I am not brave enough to find out the hard way.

Ken

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Got to admit so far I've chickened out. Also even if I do eventually get up the nerve, I don't want to lose one of my normal carry pistols, so I will have to make a special trip down there with a pistol I don't mind losing temporarily just in case.

I have a specific revolver in mind, but no holster for it, so to prevent being accused of concealing it, I'll also have to go purchase a holster for the thing.

A lot of moving parts, and I don't mind doing it eventually, but for the time being, I'm quite busy with other things. Anyone want to volunteer to meet up and record? At least inconspicuously record the audio if nothing else.

digitspaw

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
CowboyKen wrote:
Has anyone actually open carried in any of these places? I think you will be arrested.

Ken

Hiya, Ken

Nice to see you in OC forums. As part of my instructorship, I called the state AG and asked about the airport. The letter of the law states concealed, but like you, I don't want to be the test case.

I called the AG to ask what the legal definition was in Nevada law regarding the word "building". My scenario was concealed carry at the airport parking STRUCTURE. I wanted to know if that was considered a building. No one there could answer the question.

I remember you PMing me on GT about the Boulder City Muni Ordinance and I give you kudos for really knowing what you're talking about when it comes to the Las Vegas area and gun laws. You should become and instructor!

To All:
Cowboy Ken is a very credible source of information for Nevada and especially Clark County and Las Vegas. I teach this stuff and Ken has as much understanding of the laws as do I.

Paw

CowboyKen

imported post

Thank you Paw, very kind. I don't think I have the patience to do what you do.

I am not at all surprised that the AG's office was no help. The current AG is not our friend IMHO.

Ken