Thread: NRA's Wayne Lapierre Second Amendment Speech (video)

Post imported post

Here is the video from NRA's Wayne Lapierre when he spoke to the Conservative Political Action Conference Saturday in Washington DC. His speech deals with using firearms for self defense (actual stories), the DC gun ban, UK gun stories, and firearm politics. It is about 25 minutes long.

In keeping this thead open carry related, I wasn't allow to OC or CC or DC (dream of carrying) while in the nations capital when I went to hear this speech.

http://www.townhall.com/blog/g/e8d06...e-16ccb94d0e55

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
    Here is the video from NRA's Wayne Lapierre when he spoke to the Conservative Political Action Conference Saturday in Washington DC. His speech deals with using firearms for self defense (actual stories), the DC gun ban, UK gun stories, and firearm politics. It is about 25 minutes long.

In keeping this thead open carry related, I wasn't allow to OC or CC or DC (dream of carrying) while in the nations capital when I went to hear this speech.

Thank you so much for posting this link. I just watched it. Very moving and inspiring for sure.

The client (customer) of the project on which I work is the UK. Specifically, the police forces within the UK. Believe me, you would not want what happens in England to happen here in the U.S. Cameras all over, traffic stops can entail fingerprinting right at the stop, and on and on. We are more free than are they. And we can carry firearms for our protection.. something they can only dream of.

Were it ever to come to a point where the federal government declared that private firearms ownership was hereby banned across the country and that we must turn in our arms, I would fervently hope and pray that Americans would rise up in all of their righteous indignation, take up those arms against their oppressors, and throw the bastards out with force and necessary violence. This is the supreme right our Founders reserved for us.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

fairfax1 wrote:

I liked the one lady who says she was mugged but not allowed to carry mace or pepperspray. HA! You can't carry "anything" that can be considered a weapon. I read one article where an old woman got in trouble for carrying a knitting needle!

England is dumbfounding. How their elected officials come up with this incredible crap is mind boggling. How the PEOPLE allowed it is a scandal!

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    England is dumbfounding. How their elected officials come up with this incredible crap is mind boggling. How the PEOPLE allowed it is a scandal!
    'People' perhaps but subjects of HRH rather than sovereign citizens. They had no choice, as ours are fast disappearing.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    'People' perhaps but subjects of HRH rather than sovereign citizens. They had no choice, as ours are fast disappearing.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

The only Choice they had was to Take up arms against her Majesty the Queen and stand together. They didn't... they just humbly turned in their weapons...

Sad. That same choice I hope we never have to make...but if we do then I hope we will choose better that our Brothers across the pond.

Live Free...

FreeFlight.

Edit: Misspelled Majesty.. had Majestry... fatfingered it big-time.

And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939

Free Flight

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

When a transcript of LaPierre's speach is found, will someone please link it.