• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA's Wayne Lapierre Second Amendment Speech (video)

fairfax1

imported post

Here is the video from NRA's Wayne Lapierre when he spoke to the Conservative Political Action Conference Saturday in Washington DC. His speech deals with using firearms for self defense (actual stories), the DC gun ban, UK gun stories, and firearm politics. It is about 25 minutes long.

In keeping this thead open carry related, I wasn't allow to OC or CC or DC (dream of carrying) while in the nations capital when I went to hear this speech. :banghead:

http://www.townhall.com/blog/g/e8d06ea7-61fe-4580-b47e-16ccb94d0e55

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
Here is the video from NRA's Wayne Lapierre when he spoke to the Conservative Political Action Conference Saturday in Washington DC. His speech deals with using firearms for self defense (actual stories), the DC gun ban, UK gun stories, and firearm politics. It is about 25 minutes long.

In keeping this thead open carry related, I wasn't allow to OC or CC or DC (dream of carrying) while in the nations capital when I went to hear this speech. :banghead:

Thank you so much for posting this link. I just watched it. Very moving and inspiring for sure.

The client (customer) of the project on which I work is the UK. Specifically, the police forces within the UK. Believe me, you would not want what happens in England to happen here in the U.S. Cameras all over, traffic stops can entail fingerprinting right at the stop, and on and on. We are more free than are they. And we can carry firearms for our protection.. something they can only dream of.

Were it ever to come to a point where the federal government declared that private firearms ownership was hereby banned across the country and that we must turn in our arms, I would fervently hope and pray that Americans would rise up in all of their righteous indignation, take up those arms against their oppressors, and throw the bastards out with force and necessary violence. This is the supreme right our Founders reserved for us.

Neplusultra

imported post

fairfax1 wrote:

I liked the one lady who says she was mugged but not allowed to carry mace or pepperspray. HA! You can't carry "anything" that can be considered a weapon. I read one article where an old woman got in trouble for carrying a knitting needle!

England is dumbfounding. How their elected officials come up with this incredible crap is mind boggling. How the PEOPLE allowed it is a scandal!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
England is dumbfounding. How their elected officials come up with this incredible crap is mind boggling. How the PEOPLE allowed it is a scandal!

'People' perhaps but subjects of HRH rather than sovereign citizens. They had no choice, as ours are fast disappearing.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:

'People' perhaps but subjects of HRH rather than sovereign citizens. They had no choice, as ours are fast disappearing.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

The only Choice they had was to Take up arms against her Majesty the Queen and stand together. They didn't... they just humbly turned in their weapons...

Sad. That same choice I hope we never have to make...but if we do then I hope we will choose better that our Brothers across the pond.

Live Free...

FreeFlight.

Edit: Misspelled Majesty.. had Majestry... fatfingered it big-time.:uhoh: