Thread: Time frame in Non-Resident NH license

Post imported post

I remember it took me to renew my NH non-Resident pistol license 30 days, I sent them copies of Mass resident class A LTC with no restrictions on it, Did anyone else have this problem? it Took 25 days to renew my Mass res LTC and got it with no restrictions.

Post imported post

IIRC it took me 7 weeks to obtain my NH permit, almost as long as my SC one.

Franklin Township, DeKalb County, Indiana, USA

Post imported post

I rec'd my N.H. non-resident Pistol/Revolver License in about 2 1/2 weeks.

Post imported post

The first time I ever got the NH non-resident license it took only 4 days from the drive to the post office. but that was in the early 90's, I see those days are over

Post imported post

BobbyGun71 wrote:
    The first time I ever got the NH non-resident license it took only 4 days from the drive to the post office. but that was in the early 90's, I see those days are over
    Unfortunately, they have undergone cutbacks. Only 1 lady is working on the non-resident permits. My brother received his a few weeks ago. It took him a month. This is unheard of. They also short changed him by 6 months on the term of the permit.

Post imported post

I got my non-res in 6 days back when I was in MA (2003). Of course, I had held a resident NH for 15 years before. Probably just manpower cutbacks. It took two months to get the MA non-resident, but that was during their changeover to new FIDs. It used to take 2 days to get my resident NH renewed in Merrimack. To be fair to MA, it took a week to get my resident renewed in Norfolk, MA back in 1980. There are gun friendly police departments even in the PDR of MA.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

Jared wrote:
    Unfortunately, they have undergone cutbacks. Only 1 lady is working on the non-resident permits. My brother received his a few weeks ago. It took him a month. This is unheard of. They also short changed him by 6 months on the term of the permit.
    As someone who is currently going through this process, I can confirm the unfortunate processing delays. My personal check was dated February 29th, and did not clear until April 11th. I believe it would have taken even longer to clear if I had not called to inquire about its status. It took over a full week for me to get a call back, at which point I was told the total turnaround time these days is more like six weeks. The FAQ on their web site says "Applications are processed within 14 days of receipt." This is clearly not even close to being accurate.

I seem to recall reading something to the effect that they legally have two weeks from the date the check clears to finalize the process. That would mean I can hopefully expect to have my non-resident permit by April 25th. But I’m not getting my hopes up.

Post imported post

update:

My personal check was dated February 29th

fundsclearedon April 11th

permit arrived April 23rd.