• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time frame in Non-Resident NH license

BobbyGun71

imported post

I remember it took me to renew my NH non-Resident pistol license 30 days, I sent them copies of Mass resident class A LTC with no restrictions on it, Did anyone else have this problem? it Took 25 days to renew my Mass res LTC and got it with no restrictions.

BobbyGun71

imported post

The first time I ever got the NH non-resident license it took only 4 days from the drive to the post office. but that was in the early 90's, I see those days are over:cry:

Jared

imported post

BobbyGun71 wrote:
The first time I ever got the NH non-resident license it took only 4 days from the drive to the post office. but that was in the early 90's, I see those days are over:cry:

Unfortunately, they have undergone cutbacks. Only 1 lady is working on the non-resident permits. My brother received his a few weeks ago. It took him a month. This is unheard of. They also short changed him by 6 months on the term of the permit.

Gunslinger

imported post

I got my non-res in 6 days back when I was in MA (2003). Of course, I had held a resident NH for 15 years before. Probably just manpower cutbacks. It took two months to get the MA non-resident, but that was during their changeover to new FIDs. It used to take 2 days to get my resident NH renewed in Merrimack. To be fair to MA, it took a week to get my resident renewed in Norfolk, MA back in 1980. There are gun friendly police departments even in the PDR of MA.

ruumis

imported post

Jared wrote:
Unfortunately, they have undergone cutbacks. Only 1 lady is working on the non-resident permits. My brother received his a few weeks ago. It took him a month. This is unheard of. They also short changed him by 6 months on the term of the permit.
As someone who is currently going through this process, I can confirm the unfortunate processing delays. My personal check was dated February 29[sup]th[/sup], and did not clear until April 11[sup]th[/sup]. I believe it would have taken even longer to clear if I had not called to inquire about its status. It took over a full week for me to get a call back, at which point I was told the total turnaround time these days is more like six weeks. The FAQ on their web site says "Applications are processed within 14 days of receipt." This is clearly not even close to being accurate.

I seem to recall reading something to the effect that they legally have two weeks from the date the check clears to finalize the process. That would mean I can hopefully expect to have my non-resident permit by April 25[sup]th[/sup]. But I’m not getting my hopes up.

ruumis

imported post

update:

My personal check was dated February 29[suP]th[/suP]

fundsclearedon April 11[suP]th[/suP]

permit arrived April 23rd.