• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus P111 - Cheap Handgun or Expensive Paperweight?

jay75009

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
jay75009 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Well it may be all over the web, but two large FFLs I spoke to said they have never seen one that would do that; nevertheless, what shocks me is that anyone with knowledge that their gun was malfunctioning would state "I carry my 745C daily ............ no real problems other than the safety."

You admit to carrying a gun with a malfunctioning safety on a public forum. Wow - evidence of negligence doesn't get much better than that! Should you have a SHTF moment, a good prosecutor would have you for dinner.

Agree that anyone, yourself included, that has a malfunctioning gun should have it fixed. Taurus has a superb life of the gun warranty - get it fixed yesterday.

http://www.taurususa.com/repair-policy.cfm

Yata hey
lol theres no negligence...........i don't use a safety on any of my carry guns, they all have them. but i personally dont use them, just another button to slow me down in a SHTF situation.

#2 taurus is sending me a new safety latch to install myself.

#3 i dont keep a round in the chamber anymore. because of this so there is no issue.
i posted to let others know about this very dangerous issue, if your aware of it, you can avoid it, dont harass me because i attempted to help people grape. careful.........your charachter is showing.
That's right, you don't like to be asked to clarify things or cite - you call that harassment and then attempt to insult. :)

The 745C is the little brother to the PT 24/7 - the safety on both models block the striker as well as the trigger, so there may be other issues with one that responds as you describe. Quite surprised that Tauras didn't want you to send it back for a full check up and repair.

You may chose to carry sans the safety engaged for the sake of speed - that's your choice, not one that many would recommend though. Then you don't keep one in the pipe for safety's sake - all on your daily carry. One choice for speed and one choice for safety, but inversely applied reasoning IMO.

I would temporarily retire the broken gun until fixed and carry one that works properly with a full, ready load as it was designed to do, but that is just me.

To all other posters/readers: It is highly recommended that any malfunction, damage, breakage and/or safety issue with your gun be corrected before you trust your life and the life of others to that particular personal protection tool.

Yata hey
there was nothing to clerify or cite grape. i said it flat you. the safety malfunctions. it does not work, it is dangerous if you do not know of it. i also cited how to have it repaired.

and yes i dont use the safety in this weapon, and no i dont keep a round chambered, but im right handed and i use a crossdraw, wich infact i can draw and rack the slide in the same exact motion, with does not hamper my draw speed at all, actually i draw, rack the side and unload 2 rounds in under2.8 seconds. so for me........is not inversely applied reasoning.

I appologise to whoevers thread this is for this.........crap. my intent was to comment and inform on this weapon. but once again someone has hijacked it for their own personal agenda. again i am sorry for this.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

To all other posters/readers: It is highly recommended that any malfunction, damage, breakage and/or safety issue with your gun be corrected before you trust your life and the life of others to that particular personal protection tool.

Taurus has a superb life of the gun warranty.

http://www.taurususa.com/repair-policy.cfm

Yata hey

RebelHell

imported post

:quirkyGetting back on topic, I bought a used Taurus P111 Millennium 9mm at Gander Mountain a few years ago and have never had any malfunctions. I enjoyed plinking with it and sold it to my mother after I had a few hundred rounds through it. I would definitely recommend it. Nice little gun.

autosurgeon

imported post

My daily carry is a 3rd Gen PT111 Millennium Pro SS I have about 3000 rounds through it now and she is a sweet shooter... I have short fingers... so the slender grip is perfect...

I carry in the following two holsters

Kholster for CC
Kholster001.jpg

And Bianche Carrylockt for OC
NewActiveHolster006.jpg

NOTE this is the model 82 for the Glock 26... most glock 26 holsters fit the 3rd gen mil pro's.

Oh and the safety issue brought up here is much ado about nothing or an perceived problem in search of a fix... If you are following the rules of safe gun handling your trigger will not be near anything that could depress it while the safety is being engaged.