Thread: Let's be respectful of McCain the man, while opposing his politics.

Post imported post

I don't agree with him on several important points, and I don't think anyone could change his mind. North Vietnamese tortures couldn't. I respect his courage and his service in the Navy. I will be courteous. He has earned respect as a man. Ace

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/

http://www.usvetdsp.com/dec07/mccain_suicide_ptsd.htm

I am a VN Era vet and I do not respect McCain. Roughly 30% of my HS Class died or were wounded in VN while I dodged the draft on a submarine. There are many that doubt his veracity - just as we did Jess Friggin' sKerry. McLame is the GOP's sKerry.

Post imported post

My "personal" issue with McCain and his service is he acts like he is the only POW or soldier that was in Vietnam.

I find it sad how he exploits his POW experience. I respect what happened to him but the way he uses it is just deplorable and annoying. It is almost as bad as Giuliani and his 9/11 card.

I can't stand his positions, he isn't a conservative at all. But then again, it is hard to find a conservative in Washington DC. His polices on firearms are unacceptable, his views on immigration are unacceptable, and the list goes on.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

ace1001 wrote:
    I don't agree with him on several important points, and I don't think anyone could change his mind. North Vietnamese tortures couldn't. I respect his courage and his service in the Navy. I will be courteous. He has earned respect as a man. Ace
    Hear, Hear!

Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I rarely hear McCain talking about his POW days, it's the media that like to talk about it. It seems a lot of Vietnam vets don't like any Vietnam vet that gets any positive notoriety. They are bitter and rightfully so but they are taking it out on the wrong people. jmo

P.S. I am not McCain supporter in any way, shape or form.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

I don't understand this thread. Did someone's criticism of McCain upset you so badly that you just had to start a thread telling people who they should respect?

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Who disrespected McCain?
    Shouldn't this thread have been a reply to a particular post? Makes no sense on it's own...

Post imported post

Look for McLame in News and Political alerts. I tried to put my topic there but was rerouted. Having studied the information against his character, I find it lacking while the facts support a great sacrifice for his country. Lets stick to the issues. Ace

Post imported post

ace1001 wrote:
    Look for McLame in News and Political alerts. I tried to put my topic there but was rerouted. Having studied the information against his character, I find it lacking while the facts support a great sacrifice for his country. Lets stick to the issues. Ace
    I respect the man for his service. That being said, the man is going to get me drafted and I'm going to have to go fight and die for his "100 year war". While I'm fighting and dieing for his war, I'll be losing my gun rights at home, while he hands the country over to Mexico. He's McLame in my eyes, regarless of his military service.

I appreciate what McCain went through for this country, but it doesn't mean I'm going to sit back and take this thorough "boning" from my government out of reverence.

Besides, I don't respect Hitler as a man just because he was a veteran too.