• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An amusing interview with a Chicago Politician about gun control. From John R. Lott, Jr.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://smg.photobucket.com/player.s...ublicAffairswithJeffBerkow.flv&fs=1&os=1&ap=1

Good 'sound bite' training. Study and practice your sound bites and do not allow your interviewer to get you off of them.

Interviewer: "Mr. Huffman, is the sky blue?"

Doug Huffman: "Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth!"

Interviewer: "But don't you understand that the vast majority of scientists concur with glow-bull warming alarmists?"

Doug Huffman: "Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth!"

Of course, it makes it a more cogent and interesting argument if one has more 'sound bites' than this politician's "Duuh, I bull leave in gun control."

Sleepless

imported post

"We have put more danger on the street by people owning guns." :what:

Geez louise, this lady sure needs a reality check about what responsible and licenced gun owners uses the gun for, it sure isn't to shoot down kids on the street like some criminals do when they do a drive-by and miss their intended target or targets.

Well she is talking about that there is more danger on the street by people legally owning guns so my question would be, how many criminals so to say owns guns legally?? :banghead:

And then she goes on to say that she doesn't believe in the second amendment. :cuss:

The Fathers of the Constitution would be rolling in their graves if they heard her comments, I really hope that she doesn't get to become State Attorney for Cook County because Cook County will become a lot scarier place with her in that position, just imagine if there is a self-defence shooting, knowing her she would probably aim to convict the person for 1st degree murder because it doesn't matter if the criminal attacked the person or the persons family or broke into their house and threatened them with violence, the person shooting in self-defense would be convicted because they legally owned a gun.

Well we will have to see what happens in the future but I really hope she doesn't get elected but that is just my two cents and with inflation it isn't worth very much. :p

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, glad to know that London is so much safe now. Of course after banning guns they had to ban swords and regulate knife purchases. And they are about the rape capital of the world outside of certain nearly lawless African nations. She is a typical liberal.

Sleepless

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Who is that?

Did you check out the link posted by Doug??

She is an Assistant States Attorney running to be the next States Attorney for Cook County and she doesn't believe that we should have the 2nd Amendment anymore because she personally is against guns and thinks that we might shoot down kids on the street.

Sleepless

squarepeg

imported post

I've seen her TV adds. Says she is tough on criminals and drugs and gangs and illegal guns. Until now I thought illegal guns were something we couldn't own. Evidently she thinks handguns are illegal. They arn't, but you have to jump through a whole bunch of hoops to get one.

Sleepless

imported post

I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
What a ****.
Poor taste

Let's raise it up a notch.
--Deletion by Moderator--
So very true, I don't know if she won or not but from way her website was written it seems like she did, it is adark and sad day in Cook County, friends, let us mourn. :cry:

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
I would expect nothing else from IL. freedom lovers need to get out while they still can.
I'm trying, brother. Housing market is holding me back, though. Next spring at the latest.
Where to?
I'm goin down to good old Kentucky. Louisville, specifically. I'm just going to transfer terminals with my company. I'm a truck driver so it's all good.