• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone open carry a Revolver?

nova

imported post

Anyone OC a revolver at all?

If so, what caliber/model/rig etc.

thanks...just curious because I hear so much talk about semi-autos when people OC besides guards etc. who are required to carry a wheelgun due to company policy.

OBXMIKE

imported post

Smith 340sc with .38 +p's. Don't like the .357s in that light a package!!:shock:

I carry in either a Bob Mernickle or a Wild Bill's OWB rig, either of which I highly recommend.

Love my wheelies!

cREbralFIX

imported post

S&W 327 TRR8
S&W 625

Occasionally a J-Frame...well, it's technically openly carried.

Ford Truck

Franklin Township, DeKalb County, Indiana, USA
imported post

Yes, mostly a 2 1/2" S.&W. Mod. 66 in an Uncle Mike's paddle crossdraw or an S.&W. Mod. 28 Highway Patrolman the same way or an S.&W. Model of 1917 (made in 1918) in a flap holster or an Uncle Mike's vertical shoulder rig. Sometimes I carry the Mod. 66 in a shoulder rig as well & sometimes it's in an IWB outside of my trousers & behind my belt.On rare occaisions, I'll Mexican carry a 6" Colt Army Special .32-20. It's been a long time since I packed a self-shucker.

Mainsail

imported post

9429d160-dc15-449c-b24c-4c4eb21959da.jpg

kparker

imported post

Ruger SP101 2" "hammerless" in a Ross holster. The short profile of the snubby, plus the way the holster attaches to the belt (belt slot across the back of the holster) means that the entire thing rides pretty high, and works well as a CC holster too as long as I can wear a jacket or a long shirt untucked.

nova

imported post

thanks for the replies everyone!

Last edited:

tarzan1888

imported post

I do!

I carry my Taurus 617 7 shot, .357 Magnum Snubby.

I carry it in aBianchi Model X16L Shoulder holster. It works very well during the winter as it is very comfortable and if I am wearing a coat it, I can just reach in for my gun and not have to sweep my coat out of the way.

Tarzan

TheEggman

imported post

Depending on the weather and style of clothing I may carry either a G26 or a S&W .357 revolver.

I've NEVER had an unpleaseant experience with the Glock, but the revolver has resulted in a few hassles. The revolver, being all bright and shiny is easier to spot than the 'evil black' Glock.

I think more folks assume you are a LEO when you carry a black semi-auto.

Best

Egg

Ford Truck

Franklin Township, DeKalb County, Indiana, USA
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
thnycav wrote:
Colt 1860 Army 44.
Now THAT is classy.:cool:
I have a friend who cut down a Remington style .44 cap & ball revolver to 4" for a carry gun. He doesn't OC but he uses it to CC. I borrowed it for a couple months & lent him an old Smith & Wesson M & P 5" nickel plate while I had his gun. I liked it. When I have the $ to spend, I'll be acquiring a pair of stainless steel Remington style .44 cap & ball revolvers to cut down to 4" for my own self. Sometimes I just like the smell of sulphur without having to eat eggs & drink beer.