• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I got a call from Wal-Mart HQ

rocknsnow

imported post

After the incident with b1ack5mith i sent an e-mail to Wal-Mart HQ and asked specifically about Wal-Marts policy with firearms. It had been about 2 weeks I guess since I sent the e-mail when I recieved a phone call on Saturday evening from Wal-Mart. They asked me to expound a little bit on what had happened to my friend and what store it specifically had happened in.

After sharing the story with the man he explained to me that he didn't know the policy and when my e-mail had come in he decided to find out. He had researched through Wal-Marts policies and checked with the Loss Prevention Officers.

He told me that Wal-Mart's policy on firearms is that of whatever state that store might reside in. He told me that the individual Wal-Mart could not make specific policy on how they wanted to run the store.

The man apologized from Wal-Mart and there behavior and asked for my continued supporting of their store ( I am a poor college kid and will still be going there :p).

I thanked him for his time and we hung up. I thought it was very professional to actually recieve a phone call besides just recieving a e-mail or letter back from them.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Well we've nowreceived multiple confirmations from the Wal-Mart higher-ups that their policy is to follow state law. The next step is figuring out a quick, convincing way to present this information to a manager who has the wrong idea.

Saint

imported post

I sent an e-mail to walmart almost 2 weeks ago asking about their policy and have yet to receive any type of concrete answer back. I got an automated response saying to ask my local store manager (a man who has already kicked me out for OC once) to which I again repeated my question and asked what the corporate rule was.

This is really good to hear though that it looks like corporate is on board with state law. I am gonna plan on OCing in WalMart very soon

b1ack5mith

imported post

thanks tucker!!!!! :D

sorry i didnt respond sooner, im sick as... somethin thats reeeeally sick :/ all of us have the flu or a cold (im the only one goin all natural hahaa)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DreQo wrote:
The next step is figuring out a quick, convincing way to present this information to a manager who has the wrong idea.

The same way we do with police who misunderstand or don't know "corporate policy", ie the law. Except, more gently.

A polite report, not even a complaint really, that a manager or whatever at such and such store misunderstood, please clear it up for them and let me know back. Etc.

Word will get around.

babystewie

imported post

this is interesting i have never had a problem carrying within wal-mart i have gotten looks from other customers and the greeter but that is as far as it has ever gone for me

and i am in there at lest twice a week to get something or other i only ever got bothered once and that was in the parking lot by a police officer we stood there and talked for a good 10 mins

but the problem is convincing the managers of witch most are the ones who think they are the god of the story and there word is law so most probably wont except any info you give or tell them but thats just based off the few i have ever meet

UTOC-45-44

imported post

rocknsnow wrote:
After the incident with b1ack5mith i sent an e-mail to Wal-Mart HQ and asked specifically about Wal-Marts policy with firearms. It had been about 2 weeks I guess since I sent the e-mail when I recieved a phone call on Saturday evening from Wal-Mart. They asked me to expound a little bit on what had happened to my friend and what store it specifically had happened in.

After sharing the story with the man he explained to me that he didn't know the policy and when my e-mail had come in he decided to find out. He had researched through Wal-Marts policies and checked with the Loss Prevention Officers.

He told me that Wal-Mart's policy on firearms is that of whatever state that store might reside in. He told me that the individual Wal-Mart could not make specific policy on how they wanted to run the store.

The man apologized from Wal-Mart and there behavior and asked for my continued supporting of their store ( I am a poor college kid and will still be going there :p).

I thanked him for his time and we hung up. I thought it was very professional to actually recieve a phone call besides just recieving a e-mail or letter back from them.
Never been bothered myself when I haveOCed @ Walmart

UTOC-45-44

imported post

rocknsnow wrote:

Never been bothered myself when I haveOCed @ Walmart

nathan

imported post

rocknsnow wrote:

Can you get that in writing??

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
As this has become an issue, I decided to post to bring it to the top of the threads.

It has??? There have been countless threads on here stating that wal-mart has reaffirmed in one way or another that their stores will allow firearms if they are legal to carry in the state that the store is in.

If anyone gets stopped at a wal-mart, they need to plainly and confidently tell person:

"Carrying a firearm is legal in this State, and Wal-Mart Corporate has stated multiple times that firearms are allowed in their stores if it is legal in the state where the store resides. Please have your Store Manager contact the Regional Manager if you need clarification for yourself, but keep in mind that if you kick me out today, you will be wrong, and I will be contacting Corporate immediately."

The last time I was stopped that's essentially what I said, all though not quite so mean :D. The Manager I was talking to immediately called the Store Manager, then came back, apologized for being mistaken, and I was on my way.

swillden

imported post

DreQo wrote:
"Carrying a firearm is legal in this State, and Wal-Mart Corporate has stated multiple times that firearms are allowed in their stores if it is legal in the state where the store resides. Please have your Store Manager contact the Regional Manager if you need clarification for yourself, but keep in mind that if you kick me out today, you will be wrong, and I will be contacting Corporate immediately."
Absolutely.

I believe the term in Wal-martese is "District Manager", though. Or perhaps they have both district and regional managers?

thx997303

imported post

Well, mostly I have noticed a lot of new people in the Utah forum have had one thing or another to say about wal mart, and I just thought I would clear things up.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

swillden wrote:
DreQo wrote:
Absolutely.

I believe the term in Wal-martese is "District Manager", though. Or perhaps they have both district and regional managers?
I don't remember. I wouldn't be surprised if they had both, though.