• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Places to Shoot Near Eagle?

Zed

imported post

Looking for a place that I can go somewhere around the foothills of Eagle or NW Boise/Garden City to shoot.
(somewhere near HWY 55 or Seamans Gultch/Hidden Springs area would do nicely)

Anyone Know of a place?

Patriot

imported post

Very top of Horseshoe Bend hill is the nearest place. Turn left just before you start down the hill into Horseshoe Bend. From that turn, drive 200-2000 yards and shoot to the left (you will see where others have shot).

As Avamor develops, this spot will be a no-no, but I think it's still ok as of right now.

Check the city limits first, as Eagle just annexed a HUGE amount of land that direction.

Zed

imported post

Thanks!

Hey what about the area out just south of Firebird?

Was out doing a bit of off-roading on the trails there once & saw a old freezer that'd been shot up by someone with a .223.

Any Idea if that place is outside city limits?

Patriot

imported post

Dunno, but if you go North of firebird a couple miles in the spring, you will find the best gopher/whistle pig hunting in the state.

It's the other direction, but I find the military manuver area south of the prisons/airport to be ideal. The "Orchard Training Facility" as it's called is so big it doesn't matter how many people are there. There is always room to shoot, and varmint hunting there is pretty good too.

Zed

imported post

I'd go out that way (S of Airport) but I seem to use less gas going to the George W Nourse Range in Nampa...

(Dunno why, could be the city traffic)

as for the eaxct place I was meaning in my last post, it's around here
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=43.752218,+-116.465979&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

And while i'm posting map links, is this next one the one you mentioned at the top of Horeshoe Bend Hill???

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...5580&q=43.836663,-116.245565&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

Patriot

imported post

That's the spot. The three spots where the map labels the road as "pearl road" are all good spots to shoot with the third spot being the best.

Zed

imported post

Dosn't seem like there is any way that area wouldn't be outside of city limits, it's 11 miles from the Floating Feather & Hwy 55 intersection.

Patriot

imported post

I know, but still check. The city of Eagle made a HUGE land grab that direction recently. Their intent was to incorporate all of Avamor (a development/city that is going in up there). Avamore WILL extend into that whole shooting area, so Eagle probably grabbed it.

Zed

imported post

No problem, will check.

Whoever thought up the "no shooting inside city limits" idea needs to be hung if you ask me......

highcountry32

imported post

Post IP
The IP of this user at the time of posting the above post was 64.47.54.5. Users posted from this IP can be seen below:
Username IP Posts
highcountry32 64.47.54.5 9
71.38.95.87 5
mike55 64.47.54.5 1
HiPower 64.47.54.5 4
2amend man 64.47.54.5 1

Zed

imported post

No clue, havn't needed to go up there in a while.

will hopefully be checking into if it's still outside city limits tomarrow (been busy).

If it is, I'll take an afternoon mabie saturday & pack up my target stands & gear and head up there.

I drive a 4x4 so there isn't much that would stop me getting there :cool:

highcountry32

imported post

Post IP
The IP of this user at the time of posting the above post was 64.47.54.5. Users posted from this IP can be seen below:
Username IP Posts
highcountry32 64.47.54.5 9
71.38.95.87 5
mike55 64.47.54.5 1
HiPower 64.47.54.5 4
2amend man 64.47.54.5 1

Looks like someone at Cabelas has too much time on their hands.
IP address location & IP address info:
IP address [?]: 64.47.54.5 Copy [Whois]
IP address country:
us.png
United States
IP address state: Nebraska
IP address city: Sidney
IP postcode: 69162
IP address latitude: 41.147999
IP address longitude: -103.063301
ISP of this IP [?]: Masergy Communications Organization: CABELA'S
Host of this IP: [?]: butch.cabelas.com [Whois]
Local Time of this IP country: 2008-02-19 20:52

Zed

imported post

highcountry32 wrote:
I had to turn back when the drifts were over the hood of my truck, the back way from pearl had some serious snow.
*whisstles* lot of snow, what tire size you run?