Thread: CHP in Manassas/PWC

Post imported post

I submitted the application on 1/24. The check was cashed within a week of submitting.

I just received a call from the Clerk of Court's office. They said that the application had been approved. The reason for the call is that the name would not fit on the card so they were calling to ask how I'd like it displayed.

She said I should receive my permit in a few days. I suspect I should receive it 3 weeks from the date it was submitted.

I did provide my ID at the office as it is required for the notary.

Post imported post

As a notary, I can tell you that ID is NOT required, only if the notary knows you, or has a good and sufficient reason to believe you are who you say you are (i.e. a good friend or judge or police officer says he or she knows you). So if my friend wanted me to notarize something for them, I could do that without checking their ID. (So get it notarized before you mail or drop it off)

Post imported post

I was not aware. Thanks.

Post imported post

No problem - just helping you guys out when you want to get your permit and don't want to show ID.

Post imported post

If I recall correctly, my permit took 18 days, though, it seemed about three times that.

Post imported post

PW used all the days up and it showed up at my door the last eligible day they had.