• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah ccw permit

paul_bunyun007

imported post

Howdy

can a Minnesota resident be legal in the state of Minnesota carryiing a non-resident Utah ccw permit?

thanks in advance

paul_bunyun007

imported post

thanks sgt

it just seems a round about way of getting a permit.. a resident of Minnestoa appling for a Utah non- resident permit to carry in your own state of Minnesota..

Hey sounds good to me..plus it seems Utah permit has many state recognizing it

thanks

swillden

imported post

paul_bunyun007 wrote:
it just seems a round about way of getting a permit.. a resident of Minnestoa appling for a Utah non- resident permit to carry in your own state of Minnesota..

Hey sounds good to me..plus it seems Utah permit has many state recognizing it
My Utah-based CFP instructor said he actually teaches more courses to non-resident permit applicants than residents. According to him, the Utah CFP is the most widely-honored permit in the country, mainly due to Utah's aggressive work to establish reciprocity agreements with every state that will sign one.

One thing to note when you travel, though, that Michigan, Colorado, Florida and New Hampshire accept Utah's resident CFP, but NOT the non-resident CFP.

Check out this map to see where Utah's CFP is honored.

allen.45

imported post

greetings all, I live in grand forks N.D. and have just recently aquired my utahCCW. and daily I travel in to eastgrand forks M.N. I was just woundering if the utah permit covers CC and OC in both states. and what can I expect from LEO'S. Any help would be great.

P.S. bear with me on the spelling.:?

montigunman

imported post

paul_bunyun007 wrote:
how long was the wait to get your Utah permit?

they have to process the application within 60 days of submission.

sent mine in on oct. 30 08 and had the permit back on jan. 9 09 a little over the 60 days but this was do to the holidays

montigunman

imported post

allen.45 wrote:
greetings all, I live in grand forks N.D. and have just recently aquired my utahCCW. and daily I travel in to eastgrand forks M.N. I was just woundering if the utah permit covers CC and OC in both states. and what can I expect from LEO'S. Any help would be great.

P.S. bear with me on the spelling.:?
You would be covered with your utah permit to both OC & CC. The only exception is if the minnesota bca no longer excepts the utah permit (there was talk of this). since your in grand forks you could go over to the cabela's in east grand forks and see if they offer a minnesota class for a permit to carry. I know they do at both the roger's and owatonna store.

roostercrown

imported post

I sent my paperwork in in early May. my credit card was charged in mid june. i am estimated to wait 90 days from the date my card was charged until they even get around to the back ground check. let alone mailing back the permit.:banghead: so estimated mid to late september before i even get my permit in the mail.

roostercrown

imported post

update: i received my utah permit august 27th. it was mailed in early may. so about 3 and a half months. this is mostly because they are so back ordered. the month of june they received over 10,000 applications to process. as of the end of june i beleive they had received 30,000 for this year so far.