• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FRAG-12 Shotgun Grenade

AbNo

imported post

frag1220projectile1jm2.jpg

So here's a neat little story I just found out about from three years ago...

http://www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=741

...all three FRAG-12 rounds utilize a standard 3-inch 12-gauge cartridge case and propellant, which fires a fin-stabilized 19mm warhead with a MIL-SPEC 1316-compliant fuze assembly. The projectile arms after firing once it reaches 3 meters from the muzzle, and detonates on impact with the target. The FRAG-12 HE projectile, for instance, is designed to punch a one-inch diameter hole through 1/4-inch cold rolled steel plate...

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It's a destructive device, similar to an RPG or grenade launcher. Therefore, every round is marked up $200 by the BATFE and you must be able toaccount for every last round you purchase. All that said, if you want to turn a home invader into pink mist, this is the round to do it with.

Schofield

imported post

You could actually own one with no explosives inside... Though it'd be a damn expensive slug for that. These have been around for some time but, until recently, not many people knew about them. Things like this are what I've always advocated: An automatic shotgun firing either buckshot, slugs, or minature grenades. A lot more useful than 40mm grenade on the bottom of a few rifles that can't be used at close quarters. These 12 gauge ones are mainly meant to blow open doors, stop vehicles, and shoot into rooms to get people behind cover. What's great is any shotgun can use them and I'm sure the Marines will be stocking some for their Mossberg 590s.

AbNo

imported post

Liko81 wrote:
It's a destructive device, similar to an RPG or grenade launcher. Therefore, every round is marked up $200 by the BATFE and you must be able to account for every last round you purchase. All that said, if you want to turn a home invader into pink mist, this is the round to do it with.

I thought they were cool... :(