Thread: HELP

Formerly of Ireland, now Martinsburg, WV, West Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Hello Boy's & Girls...

Heres a question for you, what exactly is required in Idaho to buy a Rifle ?
    I'm just kicking a few idea's around in my head and I need information.

Thanks

Post imported post

What is required?

No-Disqualifying Criminal Record, Clearing a NICS Background check, Filling out a 4473, Money for the Rifle.

Post imported post

Or, find someone who's selling a rifle you want, go to that person, pay the money and sign a receipt.

State Researcher

Post imported post

no reciept required, but it might be nice to cya if you're worried about that kinda thing. Should be pretty easy to "size up" someone you're buying from and most in Idaho who do private party sales don't like doing paperwork.... duh... that's usually why they do private party in the first place. I bought a Remington 870 shotgun from a cop w/ out paperwork just over a year ago. :celebrate

Other than that just follow federal rules. Funny thing, nobody I've sold/bought from (and I've done a lot of both) has asked for ID, though one asked if I wanted a bill of sale and I said no... they were cool with it.

Post imported post

Yeah, that's just a personal preference. Anything over a hundred bucks and I'd probably get a receipt.

Post imported post

Actually, I'd be more worried about getting a receipt as the seller of a firearm. That weapon could be sold again, sold again, and then maybe stolen and used in a crime. Eventually, they'll trace it back to the store you bought it at and from there can trace it back to you. Nice to have something that says you sold it years ago.