• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Negotiations... in China.

Custodian

imported post

My wife got this in an email from her friend....

Through the magic of copy/paste...

Bamf!

*Edit*: Scholfield, I have no idea to place mutiple pictures inside one post. Mods, please help me out if you feel free or not. But I may have to do this in a multi post. Thanks for the heads up, so I just redid it over.

Demands of Kidnapper
& Chinese
Release Negotiations

"I have 3 demands or I'll kill the boy!"

Attachments

• ATT00001.jpg
    ATT00001.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 356

Schofield

imported post

You forgot the line detailing how they concluded the negotiations: By deciding which one has to shoot the criminal this time, going over, bang, and calling the corpse wagon. :p

Edit: Huh, I think there are supposed to be images loading but it tries to load something from Yahoo... So maybe I missed part of it?

Custodian

imported post

[align=center] In this country, we
would block off the street, take 12 hours to talk him out of it, spend $5
million giving him a fair trial, and pay his food and lodging for life.
[/align] No wonder their products are cheaper than
ours.
----- [original text]----
Now for my thoughts... The Chinese are nowhere perfect, however, its hard to argue with real Law and Order. And I agree, we do end up giving full doctoral rides to Crime University aka Prison, wait, nooo... Correctional Centers or Correctional Institutions as they are being styled now.

And your thoughts on this imagery, text, or my notions?

Attachments

• ATT00006.jpg
    ATT00006.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 355

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

The imagery is graphic.

The tactics that are used, are obviously much more "efficient" in ending a situation and removing a threat from society. Americans in general would NEVER go for this though. Even a dangerous violent criminal has a right to due process in America. While, ideologically, I wouldn't disagree with the Chinese actions, I can see and appreciate the argument against it.

imperialism2024

imported post

Everyone's a fan of martial law until they get shot.

Just think of a few of the negative OC encounters ending in the police shooting the OCer. Suddenly efficiency isn't such a good thing, is it?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What has been lost is common sense. There is a whole lot of difference between someone pointing a gun at people and declaring them hostages and a law abiding citizen pointing a gun at criminals and saying "thank God you are here" to LE when they arrive. The problem is that our gov't has become so acclimated to violating the rights of law abiding citizens while protecting those of criminals, that we do not trust their agents of LE to be able to distinguish between the two situations. Therefore we have 20 cop cars chasing a guy for running a stop sign in LA and day long stand offs with self-declared homicidal maniacs threating the lives of law abiding citizens instead of just taking out the bad guy with a sniper round. There is a middle ground but I am not sure it can be achieved in the current political and liberty-encroaching environment of today's America.

massltca

imported post

That would be a very effective way to end school shootings like Virginia Tech. Certainly better than the police surrounding and negociating while people are dying.

Tomahawk

imported post

Custodian wrote:
[/align]
And your point is...you'd rather live in a police state like China? Constitutional rights are useless to you? What?

I have no problem with using violence to end hostage situations in progress as seen here, but your attitude of contempt toward human life and the right to a fair trial is one of the poisons that infects America today.Characteristic of the Dirty Harry mentality is the "get tough" attitude among the populace and the belief that the way to stop crime is to spit on the Constitution, along with the self-delusion that this attitude will not come back to bite you "as long as you're not a criminal". This has led to the current "pro-torture" attitude that is no longer something politicians feel the need to hide.

imperialism2024

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Custodian wrote:
[/align]
And your point is...you'd rather live in a police state like China? Constitutional rights are useless to you? What?

I have no problem with using violence to end hostage situations in progress as seen here, but your attitude of contempt toward human life and the right to a fair trial is one of the poisons that infects America today.Characteristic of the Dirty Harry mentality is the "get tough" attitude among the populace and the belief that the way to stop crime is to spit on the Constitution, along with the self-delusion that this attitude will not come back to bite you "as long as you're not a criminal". This has led to the current "pro-torture" attitude that is no longer something politicians feel the need to hide.
But Tomahawk, you're forgetting that we should only suspend rights for thugs and other criminals. Oh, and terrorists too. We can give rights to law-abiding sh**ple, er subjects, er citizens.

Remember, the world is always black and white. The police can always tell, instantly, who is "good" and who is "bad", and are capable of summarily executing the right person every time.

:banghead:

imperialism2024

imported post

massltca wrote:
That would be a very effective way to end school shootings like Virginia Tech. Certainly better than the police surrounding and negociating while people are dying.

When did the police negotiate during Virginia Tech? I don't quite remember that detail...

:?

Tomahawk

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
massltca wrote:

When did the police negotiate during Virginia Tech? I don't quite remember that detail...

:?

The default mode for dealing with mass shootings is to stand around outside for at least a few minutes figuring out what's going on, and then enter the building after the guy shoots himself.

Not that I'm criticizing the police here, I can't blame somebody for wanting to think before doing something stupid, that is to be expected. But if that's how it's going to be, you need to remove restrictions on victims carrying for self defense.

But what do I know, I'm just "anti-police", "anti-government", and all that stuff, they tell me. Pay no mind to my dumb rantings...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Custodian wrote:
Demands of Kidnapper
& Chinese
Release Negotiations

A few questions, folks.

Kill the boy with what? The three fingers, or the Kleenex he's fingering in his left cargo pocket?

How do we know this was a hostage situation? We trust the Chinese media?

What if it wasa father who didn't want his kid forced into a government program? A father who lost a custody battle?

Why was a supposed hostage-taker sitting in a window, wide open to a shot from any police sniper?

imperialism2024

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Custodian wrote:
Demands of Kidnapper
& Chinese
Release Negotiations

A few questions, folks.

Kill the boy with what? The three fingers, or the Kleenex he's fingering in his left cargo pocket?

How do we know this was a hostage situation? We trust the Chinese media?

What if it wasa father who didn't want his kid forced into a government program? A father who lost a custody battle?

Why was a supposed hostage-taker sitting in a window, wide open to a shot from any police sniper?

Well, it was the government acting, so surely they were right. The world is all black and white, good and evil, and the government good guys need to take out the bad guys as efficiently as possible. And this is a good thing, since the good guys are never wrong.

:(

Tomahawk

imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
it's nice so many folks think the police are always wrong, not matter what country the cops are from.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/crime/negotiation.asp

Maybe some of us here would be better off arm-chair quarterbacking some other profesion.

We're questioning the attitude that an accused person should be treated as if they have no rights, not necessarily this particular incident.

Try to set your pro-police bias aside for a moment and think objectively.