• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indiana Militia Corps

Beau

imported post

I'm just wondering if anyone from here is a member? I have been thinking about attending some militia meetings to check it out. Do you think joining the militia is good or bad? Why?

Prometheus

imported post

First off a matter of verbiage needs to be cleared up.

Just like Hoosiers need to be informed about our licenses being "to carry" vs "concealed", this is another matter that verbiage is, in my opinion very important.

In Indiana (and most, if not all states, including PA and FL) every male "of age" (16-55 on average) is a member of their states "Militia".

By simply being a resident of your state (IN for example) you are automatically (by definition of the Indiana state constitution) a militia member. You don't sign up, you don't choose, you simply are.

So you are already a member of the unorganized Indiana militia... whether or not you choose to join (or start) a 'organized group' is completely up you.

I've never joined a group or attended any meetings, so I cannot help you there. I have seen someone (a couple months ago) post on here they were a member, try and search thru some of the posts in this forum.

As to joining being a good or bad idea...

Militias are what protected and continue to protect our freedoms. They are vital. Specific groups, I cannot comment on. The press often gives militias a bad name. We all remember how they said Timothy Mcveigh attended a militia meeting. One guy attended one meeting and all of militias are bad... thats the media for you. Don't let the negative image of one or two isolated incidents dissuade you from learning more information or pursuing it.

I had thought about it myself a couple years ago and we've had two little ones since then and I'm working more so I didn't have the time and it just dropped of my list of things to do.

Good luck in what you decide and please let us know how things go.

rcimc16

imported post

Yes im a commander in a local militia if you have any questions feel free to ask me!

rcimc16

imported post

Why dont you go to the web site and look around at it and if you want then ask your questions ok,

just goggle Indiana militia and check it out

rcimc16

imported post

The only commitment we ask of you is for you to love your country and will deffend your freedoms and your Flag,