• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Activities Feb. 13th: Wal*Mart Wood Willage: Success

grishnav

imported post

Went to Wally World last night to do a bit of last minute Valentines day shopping. Entered through the North entrance past the greeter on my strongside. Didn't even seem to notice. Milled around for a bit looking for what I needed, made a few selections, and realized I needed a cart. Returned to the northside doors to get a car, past the same greeter. He trusted me to get my own cart with merchendise in hand, which is odd, as even the guy that runs around in a wheelchair insisted on getting a cart for me when I've had merch in my hands in the past, due to theft concerns. Guess he trusted the guy with the gun?

Put my stuff in the cart, went back, got the reamining items that I needed. Paid and left without so much as anyone batting an eye. Everyone around me was friendly and helpful the entire time.

grishnav

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
grishnav wrote:
Guess he trusted the guy with the gun?

It's a little difficult to say no, when you, yourself are not armed.

Nice to see that California's hat doesnt have problems with lawful open carry.:D
Hah! Good point! :)

He didn't seem scared though. He was just friendly about it.

grishnav

imported post

Hey Nathan! I was acutally up there just a day or two ago! Packin' concealed though. Just running up because it's the closest Little Caesar's to my office here at the Airport, and I wanted to be in and out without any possibility of hassle...

...which really isn't something I should be worried about, since I've been OC'ing here and there in Oregon this past week without incident.

I can't wait for the next meet! I'm waiting on my tax refund to by a Glock 22 and a Blackhawk just for Open Carry! With the G27 as a concealed BUG and a spare fullsize mag, I'll be packin' the deadly duo next time we all have some lunch. I'm really excited!