• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

These polls are so stupid.

thewise1

imported post

http://www.wesh.com/news/15298911/detail.html

Apparently, someone in the media found out that the space station has a gun on board. In spite of their admission that an astronaut bent on orbital manslaughter could throw some switches and kill his colleagues, they think removing the gun would make it safer.

:cuss:

thewise1

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Well right now it's 66% yes for the gun and 34% no, so it seems most think a gun isn't a bad idea.
How else would our astronauts kick ET's ass?

will-smith-independence-day.gif

Bear 45/70

imported post

expvideo wrote:
Where's the option for "Only astronauts should be allowed to carry guns"?
The best part is the Soviets space program run by their military, so their troops carry guns, BFD. If our space program was run by the military so would ours, but since the wisdom of the Congress was to have the program run by civilians they don't but again, who the hell cares one way or the othere..

DrewGunner

imported post

I think the real questionis,is trigger gaurd big enough to fit those big space suit gloves in?

Those dam russki get a little vodka in them in zero gravity, who knows what they'll do.

phiche92

imported post

Just because astronauts wear diapers doesn't mean they shouldn't have guns in space. What if they were attacked by alien's, no LEO and only one armed Russian hardly fair

John Hardin

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
expvideo wrote:
Where's the option for "Only astronauts should be allowed to carry guns"?
The best part is the Soviets space program run by their military, so their troops carry guns, BFD. If our space program was run by the military so would ours, but since the wisdom of the Congress was to have the program run by civilians they don't but again, who the hell cares one way or the othere..
Military isn't the reason, it's because the Russians are much more likely to run into a hungry wolf on landing than the Americans are...

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

A better question is "Since the Soviets are armed in space, WHY AREN'T WE?"

Tensionover the Ukraine missile base is growing. Russian bombers are buzzing the USS Princeton. Ole' Vlad is securing a position of power and authority as we speak. He consistently espouses anti-Western sentiments. I know, I was only 2 when the Soviet bloc fell, but it seems to me that history is ready to repeat itself. If the Russians attack, with their gun, they could take over the space station! The Americans should be armed to defend American investments and technology!

Of course, if the Cold War doesn't repeat itself with Russia, it certainly will with China. We are doomed. I'm gonna go buy a 3 year supply of Vienna Sausages, Saltines, and Natural Light in a can.

sccrref

imported post

I voted yes. 72 % yes and 28 no. Seems clear to me where this is going. Now if we could get those kind of numbers down here for every day carry.

joshmmm

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
Cold War IIOuter Space!!

You say it as a joke... but, the news recently has been very concerned about an arms race in space. China, Russia and the US are experiencing hightened tensions over this very issue... though, in reality, it is about missiles and laster, not rifles and pistols...

I really don't know where I stand on the issue of space missiles/arms race... but I do know that having a weapon onboard is smart, both for in space, but especially for when they land g-d knows where... imagine if they land in Bosnia!

There is an interesting document that NASA published on how to secure, with duct tape and tranquilizers, an unruly astronaut... the russians seem to have a simpler answer!