Thread: OC/CC in NOLA/Jefferson

Post imported post

Hey all I'm new, been reading for a while though. I'm from Metairie but currently going to school up here at Ole Miss. I'm 20, so no concealed carry permit yet, but i have OC'ed a few times on short trips around Jefferson Parish. I carry in my car all the time though. I look forward to the day when i can OC in the quarter.

FYI, I asked a JP i know what would happen if he saw a guy OCing, he said that he'd arrest him for "disorderly conduct or inciting a riot or something".

If anybody else OCs in JP or the city let me know how it goes for you.

Take care guys

Post imported post

I remember reading about that a while back. If your attorney is up for taking on firearms related cases can I get his name from you to have someone to call if I ever need a lawyer? If not, I understand.

Thanks

Post imported post

I live in Marrero, which is JP, and I OC frequently. I've had a few people ask, and only one LEO ask while I was standing in line at Wendy's. he was young and said "You know you can't carry your gun like that?" and when I asked why not, he couldn't think of an answer. I politely explained to him that the only restrictions on carrying a firearm pertain to concealed carry, and that I was doing nothing wrong. He kept an eye on me, and sat behind me in the dining area. I suggest carrying a couple of documents showing that the constitution does not forbid it, and carry the AG's opinion on the matter as well. It might get you off the "hook" with some LEOs.

Post imported post

Good ideas guys, thanks. I'll make sure to print out a sheet for LA and MS.

Post imported post

did MS recently change their law to prohibit OC without a license? or prohibit OC altogether?

Post imported post

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson
    None of us are free
    if one of us is chained.
    None of us are free.

Brilliantly exposited by Solomon Burke and the Blind Boys of Alabama:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfzVeTaSAsQ

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Keep a copy of the state constitution, article 1 sec 11, along with a copy of title 14, sec. 95, illegal carrying of a weapon. That should take care of just about any intentionally ignorant cop.
    THANK YOU! Great suggestion!
    I printed them out here:
    Article 1, Section 11 at http://senate.legis.state.la.us/docu...n/Article1.htm
    RS 14:95 at http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78739

I'm a long-time gun owner and user. I have wanted to OC for a while now but don't want to be harrassed by police, security guards or just the run-of-the-mill Hillary supporters. Well, the harrassment I think I can handle, its the getting arrested possibility I'm more concerned with, because you can do everything right and still get arrested. These print-outs make me feel a step closer to OC-ing with complete confidence. Any other support information would be greatly appreciated. FYI I've got a Glock27 with Blackhawk serpa CQC holster.

I'm still unclear 'where' you can/can't OC in Louisiana. I mean, in everyday life, where would you (the forum) suggest OC, and where is it legal??? The grocery store? Gas stations? the mall? Target? Office Depot? Strawberry Festival (Open, free festival)? The Greek festival (confined festival)? What about when my wife goes for a walk around the block? I make her CC when she is alone.

Churches, parades, restaurants, and bars is illegal even with CC permit, right? How utterly ridiculous!?!?! Those predators among us are not stupid.

I want to carry everywhere I go. A month ago my wife and I were in Clearview mall parking lot (broad daylight) and we noticed a guy approaching us as we neared our vehicle, and trust me, he was moving quickly. We bolted for the car, got in, but we lost sight of him, and he disappeared. Freaked me out a little. What if my wife were alone? He maybe only wanted to ask for some change but I didn't want to wait and find out.

I know I'm going in a bunch of different directions with this post. I am sorry about that. I only want to feel confident and my wife to feel confident to OC. Thanks in advance.

Post imported post

I wonder if it's time for a get-together by OC enthusiasts in the Metropolitan New Orleans area along the lines of the PAFOA group (but hopefully without the illegal arrests).