• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attempt to ban gun carry in the State House blocked

MarkNH

State Researcher
imported post

The New Hampshire House Legislative Administration Committee just voted 9-1 to kill a proposed bill that would have banned the carrying of firearms inside the state house and legislative office building. :celebrate

Text of the bill: http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2008/HB1354.html

The silly representative who proposed this legislation had the gall to say in an interview that she proposed the legislation because she was concerned someone would burst into the building and start shooting....... um, hello, they are trying to commit murder and you think an extra law would make them reconsider??? :banghead:

No-one apart from that representative spoke in favor of the bill and many people spoke against it. Another attempt at an unconstutional restriction on the right to keep and bear arms blocked by New Hampshire gunowners.

Highline

imported post

Sweet!!!!!! :celebrate

Let that be a lesson to all the MA wannabees that if they try this crap with us, they will be made a fool of.

Thundar

imported post

What a great state. I was a citizen of N.H. for 20 years. Makes me proud that the Mass-holes can't ruin the armoury of freedom.

Live Free or Die!!!!