• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VICTORY!!!

Phssthpok

imported post

I just got back from a face to face with Applebee's Area Director, Dale Simonton (nice guy!) and it's un-officially official: Applebee's mirrors state law! With the exception of a few 'pockets' of different franchise holders, this holds sway in almost every western state. Although he wouldn't go 'on record' (because he couldn't confirm it) he believed that the question went all the way to Applebee's International (the big kahuna CORPORATE offices) and they hold to the same policy..... though they actually run relatively few stores these days.... the vast majority are franchises.

I say un-officially because they don't have a written policy either way, though I wouldn't be suprised if that changed sometime soon. Dale informed me that he was working on an E-mail to be circulated to all the managers in the area regarding the legality of weapons in the restaurant, I provided him with a copy of the pamphlet, and offered to E-mail him a link to teh PDF. He made it a point to make sure I understood that we were welcome to OC in Applebee's at any time, even went so far as to give me his card and told me that if I ever had any problems again to give him a call!:cool:

I spent about 45 min chattting with him, though I'd hazard a guess that only about 10 min was actually devoted to discussing the situation. The rest of the time was more of a casual BS session on topics ranging from the restaurant industry, to flying post 9/11, to how the area has changed in the last 20 years.

He did appologise profusely (several times in fact) and offered to refund the cost of the drink, but I declined, indicating that wasn't my modivation for contacting him (he did manage to browbeat me into accepting some gift certificate thingy's through the mail). Apparently the manager in question was a mere 3 weeks out of training, and (being full of piss-n-vinegar) felt he had to stand his ground. I assured him that I didn't harbor any bad feelings, that mis-percetions are quite common and that it's an education process. I told him that given the steps taken to notify their management teams regarding their policy of "mirroring state law', I was pleased with the outcome.

I have an audio of the meeting, but I need to get a male-male cord to jack it into my soundcard in order to post it.. may be a couple of days.

Happy day, happy day!! I say we do the next SWWA meet at another Applebee's and use up the certificates!:celebrate

Trigger Dr

imported post

I am going to Applebee's in Silverdale TONIGHT...What is his phone number just in case?

Jim

G27

imported post

Jim,

You shouldn't have a problem at the Silverdale location. And as far as calling him and getting it straight, I am glad it all worked out to our benefit. I just wish more chain restaurants would allow us to carry peacefully. It's all about education, folks!

Trigger Dr

imported post

With my wife in Montana for the weekend, I was going to take my Grandaughter to Applebee's, but she wanted Fish & Chips instead. For a Valentine dinner date, she gets to choose. Sooo we went toKings Fish & Chips in Port Orchard. The place was PACKED, and I expected at least one complaint, but if anyone said anything, it never made it back to me. I have OC'd there for 2 years, and I don't think the owner or staff even know about my gun, muh less care.

After dinner went to Safeway for Bananas, then Wally World for cat food. Totally uneventful evening, but I had a great time with my grandaughter, Ashley (13 ).

Everyone should spend quality time with the younger family members.

Attachments

• 12-24-07-4.JPG
    12-24-07-4.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 567

compmanio365

imported post

Nice. I figured Applebees would have been packed with people, so the wife and I went to the local Teriyaki joint down the street. They were busy too, but not as horrible as I'm sure Applebees would have been. I've never had a problem OCing atthis restaurant(from the restaurant itself, anyways....), so either they don't notice, or don't care.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I celebrated for you guys tonight by taking my wife out to dinner at Applebees. I was open carrying my Taurus 9mm in my new Don Hume Double Nine holster.

At first they wanted to put us in the Bar area as they didn't think it appropriate to put us in the "family" section, but I quickly putthe kabosh on that. I don't recall anyone even giving my gun a second look except when we first walked in.

MKEgal

Right Wing Wacko said:
...taking my wife out to dinner at Applebees. I was open carrying my Taurus 9mm in my new Don Hume Double Nine holster.
At first they wanted to put us in the Bar area as they didn't think it appropriate to put us in the "family" section...
:eek: Huh?
You mean they didn't want to put you in the area with people w/ screaming children so that the 2 of you could have a nice dinner,
or they didn't want to put you in the area with screaming children because your property might jump out & harm them?
:banghead:

1245A Defender

well,,,

:eek: Huh?
You mean they didn't want to put you in the area with people w/ screaming children so that the 2 of you could have a nice dinner,
or they didn't want to put you in the area with screaming children because your property might jump out & harm them?
:banghead:

hey MKEgal nice seeing you here!
thanks for reviving a THREE YEAR OLD THREAD!
My real point is this,,, in washington state we can NOT carry a gun in a BAR!!!
we can drink with or without dinner in the restaurant, But cannot carry in a Bar.

amzbrady

hey MKEgal nice seeing you here!
thanks for reviving a THREE YEAR OLD THREAD!
My real point is this,,, in washington state we can NOT carry a gun in a BAR!!!
we can drink with or without dinner in the restaurant, But cannot carry in a Bar.

I wonder if anyone drinks in public while open carry? I was in a resturaunt the other night, and thought an ice cold bud light would be really tasty with dinner, but was not willing to compromise my safety by disarming myself for a drink. Even at home, I do not drink until my firearm is in the safe. I just wonder what kind of message that sends to the public? Bad enough having the anti's and Libs who want to complaign about the mere sight of a firearm, I think I would even vacate a resturaunt if I saw someone drinking while carrying a firearm.

fire suppressor

If I remember my RCW correctly it dose not say a person carrying a firearm can not drink, the RCW says that person can not become intoxicated. I don't think you should drink and carry I always make sure my gun is put away before I have a drink at home but also understand someone having a beer with dinner