• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How long did it take to hear from the court?

radnor

imported post

I hope to schedule the printing in March. Then drive up to file within an hour.

Wynder,
sent you a PM. I have a PDF for you.

ijusam

imported post

radnor wrote:
IIRC you have to file within 30 days from getting your fingerprints, and after getting your affidavit from the newspaper… 10 days after your ad runs. If you’re running in a weekly paper and you time it wrong you could be outside the window.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

ijusam wrote:
radnor wrote:
IIRC you have to file within 30 days from getting your fingerprints, and after getting your affidavit from the newspaper… 10 days after your ad runs. If you’re running in a weekly paper and you time it wrong you could be outside the window.
I think the jist of the law is they want you to wait at least 10 days after you post the newspaper notice so people can submit evidence as to why you should be granted a license.

The instructions read: "Arrange with a newspaper of general circulation in your County to have your application published once, at least (10) days before the filing of your application with the Court." (http://courts.delaware.gov/Forms/download.aspx?ID=6208)

There's no at least 10 days and no longer than X days...

ijusam

imported post

Wynder wrote:
I think the jist of the law is they want you to wait at least 10 days after you post the newspaper notice so people can submit evidence as to why you should not be granted a license.

you missed the word "not"

instructions for fingerprinting

....Fingerprints must be taken within 30 days of filing application.

my point is if your not paying attention and you get your fingerprints before you place your ad in the newspaper you could be in the following situation:

March 1=> get fingerprinted

March 11=> drop off application for ad in the paper, being a weekly paper the ad runs on the following Wednesday march 20th

10 days later you get the affidavit from the newspaper, a Saturday, and when you file on Monday your fingerprints are over the 30 days. you would most likely have to be reprinted.

this is unlikely unless you are are limited on time and/ or doing things piecemeal.

stephpd

imported post

Responce time from the court was the issue of the permit and it took about 2 months for me.After submitting the paperwork the next thing will be a copy of a letter from the AG to the court saying they could find no reason to stop the issuance of the license. The woman at the counter of the Court House told me it would be about 8 weeks.The letter from the AG was about 6 weeks. Couple of weeks later the license was in the mail.:D

I recieved no other responce from the court. Others have recieved a letter from the court asking for more detail on why you want the license. That can delay the issuance by a week or two.