• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thursday Night Shooting in Yuma

dclabounty

imported post

http://www.yumasun.com/news/shooting_39725___article.html/injuries_thursday.html

UPDATED 10:20 A.M. - Two suspects have been arrested in connection to shooting incident Thursday evening at Yuma Palms Regional Center that resulted in one death, according to police reports.

The 18-year-old male victim was pronounced dead at Yuma Regional Medical Center from an apparent single gunshot wound to the chest, said Clint Norred, Yuma Police Department spokesman. His identity is being withheld pending notification of his family.

One bystander sustained non-life threatening injuries as a direct result of the shooting, according to YPD. A vehicle also was damaged.

Jose Moreno, 16, has been arrested and booked into Yuma County Juvenile Detention for second-degree murder, attempted murder, participating in a criminal syndicate and aggravated assault, YPD reported.

Martin Salazar, 17, was later arrested and booked into the Yuma County Juvenile Detention for participating in a criminal syndicate and for assault.

According to the initial YPD investigation, a fight broke out shortly before 8:30 p.m. Thursday in front of Harkins Theatres between several apparent gang members. The disturbance moved to the area behind Pac Sun, where the victim was shot. He made his way to the front of the business before succumbing to his injury. He was transported to YRMC, where he was pronounced dead.

The investigation is continuing. Anyone with information about the case is asked to call YPD at 783-4421 or 78-CRIME to remain anonymous.

A little close to home for me as my wife works in this shopping center.

Armed4Life

imported post

I stop at Yuma Palms all the time when traveling between LA and Phoenix. I guess the gang bangers didn't see the no guns allowed line on the code of conduct signs. I'm sure if the print was bigger they would leave their guns at home.

dclabounty

imported post

Armed4Life wrote:
I stop at Yuma Palms all the time when traveling between LA and Phoenix. I guess the gang bangers didn't see the no guns allowed line on the code of conduct signs. I'm sure if the print was bigger they would leave their guns at home.
If only they had seen the sign... :banghead: I do my best not to shop at any of their stores because of the Palms policy. I think I'm going to send them an email and give them another chance to change their policy. I doubt if they will, but who knows...

Armed4Life

imported post

I've open carried in the Yuma Palms Target, Petco, and the Mexican Restaurant next to Harkins Theaters. Not a word from anyone. The code of conduct sign has such small print, you have to get real close to read it. I will continue to OC there unless asked to leave.

BigRick

imported post

Armed4Life wrote:
I've open carried in the Yuma Palms Target, Petco, and the Mexican Restaurant next to Harkins Theaters. Not a word from anyone. The code of conduct sign has such small print, you have to get real close to read it. I will continue to OC there unless asked to leave.
Why would you openly defy the law? This is the type of crap anti-gun groups need to fight our rights. :cuss:

Armed4Life

imported post

BigRick,

No weapons signs are not laws and carry no legal weight in Arizona.If I were asked to leave any of the establishments I mentioned while open carrying, I would do so and politely go on my way. If a sign said "no-one over 225 pounds allowed", would you obey it orignore it? (with a name like BigRick, I'm guessing you're over 225 like myself) :lol:

BigRick

imported post

As I was told in my training classes, if it is posted (No weapons, No guns) or you are asked to remove the weapon from the premise you must do so or face possible charges (I think trespassing?)

So, yea, I thought it was or is a law.

p.s.

Down to 205lbs.