• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BB gun laws?

Crosman3425

imported post

Is it illegal to have a bb/pellet gun out in public? for The state of washington??
:celebratebut is not limited to firing the gun... I have a Crosman 66 powermaster...
Please tell me I just bought it today...

Thanx

heresolong

imported post

Crosman3425 wrote:
Is it illegal to have a bb/pellet gun out in public? for The state of washington??
:celebratebut is not limited to firing the gun... I have a Crosman 66 powermaster...
Please tell me I just bought it today...

Thanx
You might try browsing the RCWs.

just_a_car

imported post

It will be listed as an "air rifle" or a "gun that uses compressed air to propel a projectile"... which also includes paintball guns.

From what I can recall, bb guns and paintball guns are not considered firearms by state law, but don't quote me on that.

Crosman3425

imported post

But i'm thinking someone will mistake it for a real gun:what: Especially I have replaced its stock scope With a military scope... So instead of my old crosman it looks like an m24 lol... and thanx ill be sure to look for that...

CC27

imported post

When I was 14 I gota ticket from a park ranger for having a "firearm" in Mt Rainier National park while I was camping and had a bb gun with me.

Hey SV you better post something quick. Look at your post count, (666).

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

CC27 wrote:
When I was 14 I gota ticket from a park ranger for having a "firearm" in Mt Rainier National park while I was camping and had a bb gun with me.

Hey SV you better post something quick. Look at your post count, (666).
That was the Post of the Beast:p

Now that the Post of the Beast has been revealed, who are the four horsemen and what are they packing?

Crosman3425

imported post

Well...Something has happened its really weird... ever since i got my pellet gun
More cops have been driving by my house more often:? But I shot it not too long ago and some neighbors called the police... I showed them that it was only a pellet gun but it seemed that they were more interested in the gun itself Like the caliber,brand etc. etc.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

So what are you doing with it? Walking around with it uncased over your shoulder?

I'd just case the sucker and be done with it.

Cops may be jealous and want one... I know when I see a rockin' air gun I'm jealous. I want a really cool one, but am unwilling to spend the money on a "mere air gun" when I could get a "real" gun for the same money....:D

A lot of people like cool air guns but don't want to shell out the $$$...

Bill45

imported post

In the city of Tacoma it is illeagle to "CARRY SHOOT OR DISHCHARGE ANY AIRGUN, BB GUN OR SLINGSHOT". Tacoma Municipal Code #8.66.120

Bill

Crosman3425

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
So what are you doing with it? Walking around with it uncased over your shoulder?

I'd just case the sucker and be done with it.

Cops may be jealous and want one... I know when I see a rockin' air gun I'm jealous. I want a really cool one, but am unwilling to spend the money on a "mere air gun" when I could get a "real" gun for the same money....:D

A lot of people like cool air guns but don't want to shell out the $$$...
Well no... But I have custom tuned this it has 1,000fps...

And I also hunt with small game etc.

AND I WOULD NEVER walk around with a loaded pellet gun of that power on my shoulder...

And btw If you want a REAL good powered efficent air gun go with An RWS or A Daisy...

I was just testing out its new tuning too... Shootin at old cans and whatnot...

So I got a fine of $50

And I dont blame em It is a very highpowered gun... Heck I'd call the cops but not just for shooting inanimate objects...

EDIT: Oh and I was just walking to my friend marks house...

And wanna hear somethin funny? "if theres a naked man outside firing an uzi all over the place people will call the police and say "THERES A NAKED MAN OUTSIDE!"

Crosman3425

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
What specifically were you cited for?

And how do you know this thing about naked men and uzis? :shock:

Well... I guess having a weapon out in public... Of course almost anyone could plainly see It looked like more of a gun than a bb gun... And the police believed em too!

and the uzi part... I just got it out of one of my books that I like reading

It just shows that People would be more crazy about having a naked man outside

Rather than the fact He could kill someone with the uzi...

it also shows how ignorant some people are...

Oh and gratz on post 666 Lol...

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

As I have a huge lot, the kids and I shoot in the back yard all the time when they visit. For Christmas they ordered me a "Baby Eagle" replica air pistol.
http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Desert_Eagle_Baby_BB_Gun_Air_Pistol_p/de-225-7002.htm - With the exception of the weight and the Co2 cannister screw at the bottom it looks like the real thing. It will pop off the 15 bb's as fast as you can pull the trigger and its pretty accurate for having a short barrel.

expvideo

imported post

Crosman3425 wrote:
I see... I just checked airway heights Municipal code... I guess I need permission from The chief of police to discharge my airgun...
:cuss::banghead::cry::cuss::banghead:
That's not very cool. Out of curiosity, why did you join an Open Carry forum that discusses firearms to discuss a BB gun? We don't know the laws regarding them. Perhaps your questions could be better answered by an airgun forum.

Decoligny

imported post

9.32.060 Unlawful use of air guns.
It is a gross misdemeanor for any person to point or shoot an air gun at a person or property of another, or to aim or discharge the air gun in the direction of the person or residence of another, while within such range as to cause or inflict, or be likely to cause or inflict, injury to the person or damage to the property of another. In addition to any other punishment imposed by the court for a violation of this offense, the court shall direct that the weapon so used in violation of the provisions of this section be confiscated and shall thereafter be disposed of in accordance with statutes or ordinances governing the disposal of confiscated or found weapons. (Ord. 2765 § 1, 2000).

This is all I could find in Washington State Law concerning BB Guns (BB Guns are defined as "Air Guns")

Crosman3425

imported post

expvideo wrote:
Crosman3425 wrote:
I see... I just checked airway heights Municipal code... I guess I need permission from The chief of police to discharge my airgun...
:cuss::banghead::cry::cuss::banghead:
That's not very cool. Out of curiosity, why did you join an Open Carry forum that discusses firearms to discuss a BB gun? We don't know the laws regarding them. Perhaps your questions could be better answered by an airgun forum.
Well... Some of those forums are pretty stupid not talking about any laws etc.

I posted one at another forum and I got Pretty stupid responses

So I figured this would suffice