• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got a reponse from the Sheriff's office regarding the Winco incident

nathan

imported post

I filed the complaint via email on January 16th, 2008. A sergeant called me today at 5pm and left a message on my voicemail saying he was leaving for the day and I could call him back Tuesday.

Their website says "It is department policy that all complaints be investigated within (30) days of receipt." So he must be calling to let me know the results of the investigation.

WaldoTheMedic

Woodinville / Snohomish County, Washington, USA
imported post

How convenient that he called you AT closing time, on a holiday weekend... but hey, at least he's getting back to you in a timely manner, right?Oh, wait, I think he might be trying to buy more time, as it took him a month justto leave a message!! Probably had to at least try, so the month wouldn't expire, and write down that he attempted to call and thatYOU were unavailable...

:cuss:

In good humor,

Waldo:)

nathan

imported post

I'm still going back and forth with them on the issue. Basically they think it was an appropriate response although the deputy could have been a tad more tactful.. ;)