• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WGN RADIO POLL

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

poll.png
The NIU shooting makes me think...
That maybe Illinois should be a concealed carry state. 13440 57.6% [align=left]That we should make it still harder to get a gun. 9854 42.2% [/align][align=left]That our law shouldn't change. 55 0.2% [/align][align=left]Number of Voters : 23349[/align][align=left] First Vote : Friday, 15 February 2008 15:10
[/align][align=left]Last Vote : Friday, 15 February 2008 22:53[/align]

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

There is some funny business on that poll, they logging well over 150 votes/minute. But a steady decline in pro concealed carry %.

c45man

imported post

I have been involved in this anti-gun, pro gun battle for over 40 years. At no time nor place has such poles been favororable toward gun owners after a tragedy where a firearm was used. Especially in a state such as Illinois where such things aren't supposed to happen considering their myriad of gun laws. What an embarassment. This pole no doubt was confined to northern Illinois where the infestation of anti-gun zealots runs rampant and chances run deep that such poles would not be kind to gun owners at any time much less in the aftermath of a tragedy.
Anti gun organizations use poles such as this taken after a tragedy to push their agenda.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

The Poll registered 133,434 votes for the NIU issue.

The same daily poll in the past has racked up these vote totals:

The NIU shooting makes me think: Number of Voters : 133434

What do you think of the proposed $40 Cook County vehicle sticker tax? 905

Delegates and Superdelegates will pick the Democratic nominee for President. This process is: 959

Los Angeles may grant celebrities a 20-foot safe zone from paparazzi: 1055

Which of the following deserved to win a Grammy for Album of the Year: 693

Those darn potholes... 1191

Now that it's John McCain for the Republicans...: 1294

Look at the snow! : 1402

Who are/were you pulling for in the Super Bowl?: 1346

Tomahawk

imported post

c45man wrote:
This pole no doubt was confined to northern Illinois where the infestation of anti-gun zealots runs rampant and chances run deep that such poles would not be kind to gun owners at any time much less in the aftermath of a tragedy.
Anti gun organizations use poles such as this taken after a tragedy to push their agenda.
Well, I'm certainly not in northern Illinois and I voted.