• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dale City Gun Show

KONY

imported post

Anybody go today? If so, can you verify whether Dark Sun and Trader Jerry attended? Many thanks!

W.E.G.

imported post

Dark Sun was NOT there.

Vendor attendance was so sparse, the ammo-can-man had a dozen tables INSIDE.

But, if you dig far enough, you can find a pearl almost anywhere.
The ammo guy had Federal XM193 ammo.
I don't know if he has any left.
None that I could see.

I was almost upset that I got there too late for breakfast.
The lunch counter had a barbecue sandwich special for $6 that was really good.

KONY

imported post

W.E.G. wrote:
Dark Sun was NOT there.
Thanks W.E.G.! I typically get what I need when both are in attendance as I guess they are each others' biggest competition. I didn't want to make the drive for nothing.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Since I'm out of state this weekend, I didn't go. I have an annual pass there, so I usually just make an appearance just in case.

One of the ammo vendors (sorry, I'm terrible with who, but in the row next to Trader Jerry) told me the Dale City show was being held so frequently now, and with so little advertising, that vendors weren't willing to go so often.

Of course, that's one person's opinion, but it's a data point.

beradcee

imported post

The Dale City show was actually pretty weak this time around. I never see anything in advertising so I must assume this is why.One of the dealers told me there was a show in Nofolk this weekend and that most of the dealers were down there.

KONY

imported post

Mr. Y wrote:
Are you an ATF operative?
Puh-leaze. Kony is an enabler. One with a particular gift for finding gun bargains. Don't read his posts if you don't want to spend money... :celebrate
If this economy falls south due to lack of consumer spending, at leastI can say I did my part! Case in point, I brought my buddy into the shooting world last year and he's bought 3 brand new pistols already! That's how I roll! :cool: