• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I couldn't help it...

Phssthpok

imported post

Dug out my holdings (I forgot how HEAVY a $500 face bag of 90% junk silver is), poured all 188 of my 1oz. rounds into a pile and just ran my fingers through them a couple of times.
grin.gif

Oh... and I checked to make sure my Krugerrands hadn't gotten lonely...
ph34r.gif

AAAAAAaaaaand... to keep this sorta on-topic:

I was asked once "how are you securing all that silver?"
I looked him dead in the eye and said "With lead."

He got a quizzical look on his face for a moment, then sobered up rather quickly as understanding sunk in.:p

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Oooh, you have more precious metal holdings than I do. I really need to just get in the habit of buying an ounce of silver every payday....

Bear 45/70

imported post

kparker wrote:
get in the habit of buying an ounce of silver every payday

Great; now when we hear the S.V. Libertarian has gone down, we'll know why!

:)
All the gold I brought back from SE Asian in the 60s went when it hit $800 an ounce, long ago. The 2200% profit was good enough for me. Of course the wife spent most of it, but then again it was "free" money. But I still have a couple of the items she bought, so I'm good.

thewise1

imported post

I wish I could get paid in gold pieces. Reading that part of Atlas Shrugged gave me chills.