• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tunkhannock / Wyoming County

Dullhawk

imported post

The sheriff here in Wyoming county has told me personally that it is illegal to take a gun out my front door without either a hunting license or a carry permit. I know he is lying, but I also know that being this dishonest, he would break the law in order to make an example of anyone who dares to exercise this right.

I just thought a warning was in order to anyone who may pass through the area.

Steve in PA

imported post

Tell him to pick up a copy of the PA Crimes Code and try reading (probably for the first time) The Uniform Firearms Act.

Also, if he said the things you claim, tell him he an embarrassment to law enforcement officers.

You can also tell him that both the above statements came from a PA law enforcement officer...........me!

Dullhawk

imported post

I really don't appreciate being lied to_Other than that, he seemed like a nice enough guy. I don't seek him out, ever. However, if I happen to run into him again, I willmention that he might need to read that. I have a feeling that will make me a target, though.